Sales – Account Executives
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
LIKE WHAT YOU'VE HEARD SO FAR?
Then consider joining our Sales team as an Account Executive. This position will be based out of our office located in Washington, DC (Interfolio Office).
- Platform Evangelist and Expert Public Speaker: You enjoy challenging the way decision-makers think and providing new, creative ways to approach age-old processes. You are an expert communicator and a driver, and you have a knack at persuading others through words.
- Innovative Self-starter and Entrepreneur: You thrive when faced with a challenge and enjoy taking strategic risks. You are willing to think “out-of-the-box” in trying to figure out how to gain traction in this new space while continuing to document findings and engage/collaborate with other company key stakeholders, including executives with confidence.
- Passionate about Higher Education: Your passion for higher education drives you and the work you do. You’re excited to get out of bed in the morning and willing to take on “tiger team” responsibilities that go beyond the job description.
- Author and execute the “go to market” business plan for named accounts
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in Salesforce
- Research, identify and qualify net new business prospects within mid-sized level accounts (with support from a Sales Development team)
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc. (with support from Marketing and Sales Development teams)
- Demonstrate the Interfolio platform and all associated portfolio offerings effectively to audiences at all levels with detail, breadth, and depth
- Meeting or exceeding activity, pipeline, and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Demonstrate and sell value to key partners across a complex university hierarchy
- Master delivery and execution of Challenger and Solution Selling tactics
- Effectively demo Interfolio’s suite of products via web presentations and onsite meetings
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events
- Report to Director of Sales
Skills we're looking for in this role:
- Smart and strategic mind – we work with top level academic personnel
- Open to learning, receiving, and acting on feedback to improve results
- Seek opportunities for professional development
- Outgoing and hungry to be successful
- Demonstrate high accountability and ownership over pipeline and projects
- Strong desire to advance your career in Sales - the unapologetic sales professional
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with extrapolating value from a functionally robust platform in an effort to solve real problems vs sell features.
- Standout colleague and a committed to a high-functioning team
- Adaptable in an exciting environment – we’re an early growth stage company with a start up mentality!
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of work experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions, preferably in higher education
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger methodologies
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent record of exceeding revenue goals
- Ability to lead complex sales process at the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Presidents)
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement)
- Ability to commute daily to office in downtown Washington, DC.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.