Account Executive, Business Development
Sales – Sales Development
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
About The Team & Role
Our Sales team is a dynamic, innovative group of market renegades who in many cases represent the first touch point within the marketplace for Interfolio. Given this huge responsibility of market awareness building Interfolio is proud to say that this team brings more ingenuity and creativity to the table than any other. They are hard charging, they like to win and consistently work towards beating expectations.
If you are looking to build a sales career with THE market leader, then you need to apply for our Account Executive, Business Development position! We believe this role represents the first step towards establishing a career in complex enterprise sales. The Biz Dev-AE will be partnered with the most seasoned sales Account Executives within Interfolio, focusing on the largest market opportunities within Higher Education. Together, the Biz-Dev AE and Sr AE make up the most senior selling team in the company.
We're looking for competitive, ambitious, high-energy sales people to join our inside sales team and help us continue our rapid growth! If you're interested in career growth, a competitive compensation plan, awesome perks and spiffs, enriched sales education and leadership development programs, as well as a celebratory and positive work culture – we want to speak with you! We are targeting candidates with 1-2 years of cold calling experience, closing experience, experience selling in a SaaS environment and/or for a software company.
What you will do:
- Fulfill an end-to-end inside sales cycle, from cold call to close; includes scheduling and facilitating online product demonstrations and closing your own deals in collaboration with your regional AE partner
- Manage and execute on a strategic selling process that supports relationship building at all levels within an institutional enterprise from a department chair to the Provost Independently manage a pipeline with multiple prospects, utilizing Salesforce to track progress
- Prospect new business by cold-calling across all entities within the institution
- Have access to and participate in ongoing sales development and training
- Close business to achieve, if not exceed monthly metrics
What you should have:
- Highly self-motivated with a hard work ethic and "whatever it takes" attitude
- History of success in a fast-paced sales and/or startup/early growth stage environment
- Have a passion for selling and a true "Hunter" mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2+ years in metrics-driven environment is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred but not required
- Willingness to embrace change, growth and the fun of a start-up/early growth stage environment
Applicants for this position must currently reside in the continental United States. In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!