Specialist, IT Support
United States /
Legal & Admin – IT & Facilites /
Intersect Power is a team of friends driven to preserve our planet for future generations through low-carbon energy and infrastructure solutions. Founded in 2016, the privately held clean energy company develops and owns some of the world’s largest clean energy resources serving customers in retail and wholesale energy markets across North America. The company is redefining the scope of the clean energy industry by enabling new pathways between clean electricity and the broader economy to enable the deep decarbonization of our economy. We are on an aggressive growth trajectory and are staffing key positions.
About this Role
Our IT Support Specialist will be responsible for providing essential IT support services to our remote workforce. Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of our current technology in place (G Suite, Microsoft 365, Zoom, Slack) and have the eagerness to learn new products and services as we introduce them to the organization.
This position will report directly to the Director, IT & Facilities, and work closely with all the Departments at Intersect Power.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Resolving a variety of employee issues with our hardware or software products (Windows 10 & 11, G Suite, Slack, Microsoft 365, Zoom.)
- Configuring and deploying new hire software.
- Contributing to internal and employee facing documentation.
- Assisting with various IT related projects.
- Assisting with audio/visual support for town halls and other company events.
- Creating user accounts and employee access via G-Suite and Microsoft 365.
- Troubleshooting conference room equipment.
- Office and tech set-up for any new office locations leased by the company. Coordination with co-working spaces for employee set-up in new locations.
- Ensuring AV/IT and wireless equipment are functional for company offsites.
Qualifications & Skills
- 4 years of total experience with at least 2 years in a fully remote setting supporting internal employees.
- Experience in a hypergrowth corporate environment.
- History of supporting an organization under an ITIL framework.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with endpoint management tools.
- Solid experience supporting Windows devices.
- Understanding of basic TCP/IP concepts.
- 95% Windows, 5% Mac.
- 100% Remote Workforce with 4 WeWork locations.
- G-Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc).Slack.
- Zoom Video Conferencing with Neat Conference Room Hardware.
- Adobe Acrobat.
- Microsoft 365 (limited deployment).
Education & Experience
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4 or more years of Information Technology experience.
Physical & Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Position requires travel for company offsites (5 weeks per year) and ad-hoc travel to set-up new office locations.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: $90,000 - $100,000 base salary with 20% - 30% annual target bonus.
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options with 100% premium coverage for the employee
- 3% non-elective employer contribution to 401k
- Unlimited PTO, plus two company-wide vacation weeks (Fourth of July & end of year)
- Parental leave up to 12 weeks fully paid with an additional 6 weeks paid leave for birth parents
- Mental health and behavioral coaching through Ginger
- Family planning and new parent support through Maven
- New hire tech package (laptop, monitor, docking station, webcam, headphones, etc) and office furniture (desk & chair)