Director, Land Development
United States /
Development – Land /
Intersect Power is a team of friends driven to preserve our planet for future generations through low-carbon energy and infrastructure solutions. Founded in 2016, the privately held clean energy company develops and owns some of the world’s largest clean energy resources serving customers in retail and wholesale energy markets across North America. The company is redefining the scope of the clean energy industry by enabling new pathways between clean electricity and the broader economy to enable the deep decarbonization of our economy. We are on an aggressive growth trajectory and are staffing key positions.
About This Position
We are seeking an experienced and successful land development professional who will lead real estate work streams on multiple large scale projects, including land diligence and title and survey efforts in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Land and work closely with the Development and Permitting teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead our real estate work streams on one or more project financings simultaneously and deliver desirable outcomes on schedule.
- Lead various aspects of land diligence, title and survey matters from inception through closing site control agreements in connection with financing and construction.
- Manage the review, resolution, and reporting of title matters through the development process to ensure financeable title policies, responsible for delivering title resolution within the project’s schedule.
- Initiate, review and perfect ALTA surveys in conjunction with title resolution and development of project design.
- Coordinate efforts among landowners, attorneys, surveyors, utilities, title companies, and other key project stakeholders.
- Manage and work with landowners and community groups to facilitate strong community engagement and foster good relationships with the landowners.
- Manage preparation and updating of land development budgets.
- Work in close conjunction with the Permitting Team to ensure acquisition efforts align with permitting schedules and constraints.
- Provide ongoing support to the Development Team and Head of Land.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Management, Finance, Economics or other related field.
- 5+ years of real estate development or renewable energy experience.
- 2+ years of experience or demonstrated track record of closing a variety of real estate transactions, including fee acquisition and option exercises, non-recourse financings of utility scale projects, ALTA survey development through financing, assessment of title risk and title resolution, hazardous materials investigations and remediation, and other real estate diligence activities.
- Demonstrated success and track record leading the real estate work stream through project financings.
- Well versed in reading, revising and negotiating complex real estate agreements, title reports/policies, ALTA surveys and associated documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong track record of sharing and coordinating information across a diverse project team.
- Demonstrated organizational, project management and personnel management skills.
- Independent and self-directed.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, iterative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong familiarity with land/environmental policy/law and mineral interests.
- Passionate about renewable energy development.
- Familiarity with google earth, GIS software
- Experience working with local, state, federal agencies a plus.
*A note on qualifications: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $165,000- $175,000 base salary with 30% annual target bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options with 100% premium coverage for the employee
- 3% non-elective employer contribution to 401k
- Unlimited PTO, plus two company-wide vacation weeks (Fourth of July & end of year)
- Parental leave up to 12 weeks fully paid with an additional 6 weeks paid leave for birth parents
- Mental health and behavioral coaching through Ginger
- Family planning and new parent support through Maven
- New hire tech package (laptop, monitor, docking station, webcam, headphones, etc) and office furniture (desk & chair)
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Position requires some travel to project sites and for company-wide meetups: ~5-10 weeks total through a calendar year.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com.