United States /
Legal & Admin – Legal - Corporate /
Intersect Power is a team of friends driven to preserve our planet for future generations through low-carbon energy and infrastructure solutions. Founded in 2016, the privately held clean energy company develops and owns some of the world’s largest clean energy resources serving customers in retail and wholesale energy markets across North America. The company is redefining the scope of the clean energy industry by enabling new pathways between clean electricity and the broader economy to enable the deep decarbonization of our economy. We are on an aggressive growth trajectory and are staffing key positions.
About This Position
We are looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join our dynamic, friendly, and innovative Legal team. This position will report directly to one of our Corporate Counsel team members and will interface regularly with all functional teams across the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure adherence to contact templates and documentation / negotiation principles where possible and help the commercial and Legal teams in identifying and mitigating key contractual risks, enhance collaboration with and input from involved parties.
- Compare, evaluate, suggest, and participate in creation and implementation of corporate tools, templates, processes, systems, and guidelines and identify repeated activities that can be standardized and encoded.
- Maintain appropriate internal and external approval processes and support corporate policies and procedures.
- Conduct onboarding on legal processes, use of templates and tools to commercial partners.
- Provide training to commercial teams on legal processes.
- Conduct legal research as requested.
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as requested.
- Provide corporate organization and entity management, including (i) formation, maintenance and dissolution of entities, (ii) creation and maintenance of corporate organizational charts, (iii) conducting lien searches, and (iv) tracking and managing membership interest certificates and share certificates log.
- Review and draft corporate documents including resolutions, consents and assignments.
- Maintain legal contract management repository by profiling contracts, identifying deadlines and monitoring all contractual obligations relating to the renewable energy project development, construction, and operation. Suggest improvements to contract management process or profiling parameters to better address due diligence or other questions.
- Work in collaboration with the Legal team by handling requests for information or documentation including preparation and review of day-to-day legal documents such as board consents, certificates, and confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements and engagement letters, with attorney supervision, including by identifying similar scenarios and precedents that may be applicable and collecting and organizing information and background documentation to present to attorneys to address requests.
- Work in collaboration with commercial and Legal teams by tracking negotiation positions through the negotiations process, identify trends and suggest new standards.
- Assist Legal team with transaction closings.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to work during Pacific Coast business working hours
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, managing more than one project at a time
- Ability to handle self under pressure, work independently and follow through on tasks to completion in a timely manner
*A note on qualifications: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education, and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Position requires travel for company-wide meetups: ~5 weeks total through a calendar year.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary with 20-25% annual target bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision plan options with 100% premium coverage for the employee
- 3% non-elective employer contribution to 401k
- Unlimited PTO, plus two company-wide vacation weeks (Fourth of July & end of year)
- Parental leave up to 12 weeks fully paid with an additional 6 weeks paid leave for birth parents
- Mental health and behavioral coaching through Ginger
- Family planning and new parent support through Maven
- New hire tech package (laptop, monitor, docking station, webcam, headphones, etc.) and office furniture (desk & chair)