SENIOR MEDIA PLANNER
Overland Park, KS /
INTOUCH GROUP is a full-service network, providing a diverse suite of capabilities for our clients, including creative services, media buying, enterprise solutions and data analytics.
At Intouch, we offer innovative solutions to life science companies that want to connect with consumers, healthcare professionals and payers. We get fired up when people talk about getting—and staying—healthy. That’s where we find our inspiration: in the very human experiences of patients, doctors and even each other. Then, we collaborate on ways to make caring for one’s health more achievable, connecting patients and physicians with the information and tools they need.
The Intouch affiliates within the Intouch Group network include: Intouch Solutions, Intouch Proto, Intouch Seven, Intouch International, Intouch B2D, Intouch Media and Intouch Analytics.
Senior Media Planner Job Duties:
We are looking for a Senior Media Planner (SMP) to join our growing team. An SMP is expected to provide clients, Media staff, other internal teams, and vendors with media thought leadership and guidance. This senior role knows the people, processes and technology for the planning, buying, analyzing, testing and optimizing of all paid media. The SMP contributes to the development and leads evaluation, execution and management of media plans that consist of, but are not limited to, all paid digital and traditional media channels for pharmaceutical clients to meet their campaign requirements, budgets and marketing objectives.
Applicants need to be able to thrive in an ever-changing work environment as new clients are onboarded, protocols and processes are assessed and adjusted, and pivots to media plans, meetings, etc. are a regular occurrence. An SMP is expected to be proactive in monitoring advertising and media trends, as well as how these trends will affect the agency and clients. This role requires sharing opinions in open forums, conference calls, emails and in written presentations and POVs.
The primary function of an SMP is to act as the point of contact for specific, more complex, higher-profile accounts. In tandem, an SMP is a key contributor in media recommendations, pulling reporting insights, as well as applying experience and media industry knowledge to work across specialized teams (SEM, Social, Programmatic). The outcome of this work is cohesive media plans, strong campaign performance management and actionable media tests.
1. Campaign Discovery — Work closely with the Media Supervisor to develop strategic channel/media approaches. Gather and analyze market and media data. Conduct competitive analysis. Manage the RFP process. Evaluate vendor proposals and be able to negotiate.
2. Campaign Setup — Organize and manage workflow to ensure accurate and on-time campaign authorizations, insertion orders, budget management and invoice process. Verify traffic report is complete and accurate in addition to managing the creative trafficking process.
3. Traffic and Quality Assurance — Work closely with the Advertising Operations team to ensure all media is accurately trafficked, placements are activated in a timely manner and delivery matches the plan.
4. Campaign Management — Accurately track and process invoices, change orders, updates to traffic sheets and changes to the plan to reflect client direction and campaign learnings.
5. Reporting — Analyze media results, partner with Analytics and Media Supervisor to assist with actionable insights and identify next steps to ensure continuous improvement of performance, maximization of budget and alignment to meet strategic imperatives and business goals of clients. Help ensure accuracy of media placements according to the plan, budget pacing and tracking. Apply past experience to help quickly troubleshoot performance issues. Use learnings to help create case studies.
The Senior Media Planner Role Requires:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4-6 years of media experience across channels (heavy digital media focus, traditional helpful).
- A complete understanding of the media planning and buying process from start to finish. Ability to jump in any part of the process and, at the same time, know when to delegate but not dump. Aptitude in navigating agency functions and roles.
- Proficiency in the use of media planning systems and media research tools (for example, Mediaocean’s Prisma and Spectra OX, Comscore, Kantar, MRI, etc.) and their role in the planning and buying process as well as competitive assessment. Acumen in identifying new sources needed for specific account needs.
- Client-first mentality.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ongoing honing of presentation skills.
- Accuracy in data entry, attention to details and fact-based.
- Strong math and analytical skills with an understanding to how that applies to setting up tests, analyzing results, managing budgets, reconciling bills and forecasting.
- Highly motivated to assist others on the team, coach Media Planners/Associate Media Planners and contribute to continuous department improvement.
- Strong initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, flair for creative problem-solving and deductive reasoning, as well as strengths in communication/rapport building and collaboration.
- Multitasking, prioritizing and pivoting as needed in a fast-paced environment.
- Staying up to date and successfully applying insight from market and media trends, emerging technology and vendor capabilities.
- Power user of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Excel, including pivot tables).
- Proficiency in DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM), Google Ads is preferred.
- Online media background specifically working with pharmaceutical brands is preferred.
- Some travel may be required.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.