Dean of Operations
Opportunity Academy Middle School
Intrepid College Prep is a network of free, open-enrollment, public charter schools committed to preparing scholars to excel in selective colleges, earn professional opportunities, and graduate as positive leaders. Our Intrepid Team currently educates nearly 800 students across two schools – Opportunity Academy, serving students in grades 5-8, and Independence Academy, serving students in grades 9-12.
Intrepid College Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all scholars through our commitment to high expectations and high-quality support. Intrepid has been distinguished as a Reward School by the Tennessee Department of Education twice since our opening in 2013. This is a particularly notable achievement as we serve one of the highest English Language Learner populations among Metro Nashville Public Schools.
Our work grows scholars academically and socially – providing the skill sets needed to be game changing leaders in every facet of the future. Intrepid alumni will transform college campuses and the workforce, raising expectations for academic excellence and ethical leadership.
Support Campus Operations at Intrepid College Prep
Intrepid College Prep holds a very high bar for operational systems that support student learning and culture. We believe that thoughtfully-created systems enable our school to run smoothly and efficiently, and that all student and staff-facing systems must embody our culture of urgency, rigor, and joy. Intrepid College Prep is seeking a strong Dean of Operations to support the high performance of school operations at Opportunity Academy and sustain high-performing operational systems for all staff and students.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Sustain an urgent, responsive, and solutions-oriented operations culture.
- Support school culture by managing appearance of facility to ensure it best reflects school values.
- Participate in regular operations walk-throughs to maintain accountability of operational systems.
- Manage all calendars, student schedules, staff schedules, space and resource requirements, as seen fit by the Director of Operations.
- Support the school's IT infrastructure (laptops, printers, software, etc.)
- Conduct data entry for student enrollment, financial management, and academic achievement.
- Ensure integrity, timeliness and accurate reporting of data.
- Manage all aspects of the school facility; ensure the appearance of the facility reflects the high expectations we hold for students.
- Support all vendor relationships, including coordinating and communicating with vendors on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Support maintenance and readiness of instructional and common spaces in accordance with Intrepid Prep Schools facility layouts and school procedures.
- Anticipate teacher needs for systems’ support and supplies.
- Work with the school operations team to manage logistical elements of major student assessments; collect and track important school paperwork from scholars and teachers.
- Support in the planning & execution of any school-wide events or activities, including but not limited to: field trips, family/community nights, parent meetings, student dances, clubs, sports, etc.
- Support in the planning & execution of a comprehensive student recruitment strategy, including but not limited to: outreach, community engagement, lead generation, event planning, and data tracking + management.
- Coordinate transportations systems for bus and car transportation.
- Coordinate communicate to families about daily transportation changes or bus-related updates.
- Ensure adherence to all federal and state compliance for our meal program, including the on-site storage and preparation of meals and the process for securing monthly reimbursement for the School Nutrition Program.
- Support in daily meal systems-including but not limited to food ordering, space preparation, monitoring student procedures in the cafeteria, etc.
Successful Dean of Operations possess the following characteristics:
- Dedication to educational success for students of color and low-income youth
- High attention to the smallest details and proven ability to juggle competing responsibilities successfully while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Superior initiative – takes direction well, but does not wait for it
- Continuously seeks feedback for improvement
- Highest commitment to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, best practices, regular assessment and data analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing, but sometimes unpredictable environment
- Effective communication skills with students, parents, and colleagues
- Holds a high school diploma or associate degree with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 (major in finance, accounting, preferred)
- Track-record of high achievement in the classroom for a minimum of two years (preferred)
- Speaks Spanish or has experience working with bilingual students (preferred)
The position will begin in July 2020.
We offer a generous compensation package, including health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies. Compensation is highly competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in the MNPS Retirement System.
Commitment to Diversity
Intrepid College Prep is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.