Backend Engineer (Ruby/Rails)
Intricately is the leading provider of data insights on cloud product usage, adoption, and spend. Our platform delivers real-time intelligence to cloud vendors to prospect and prioritize opportunities, start better conversations with customers, deliver more wins, and help customer success teams identify issues before they become problems. Founded in 2014, Intricately is proudly backed by Counterpart Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, Singtel Innov8, and Susa Ventures.
ENGINEERING @ INTRICATELY
Many companies talk about Big Data - we're actually living it! How would you model cloud infrastructure spend for the Fortune 500? How would you collect this data? How would you track variations in this dataset? What's noise vs signal? What's the most efficient way to query 30mm+ Internet Gateways? How do you create a front-end to surface insights for customers so they can get the information they need and get on with their day? Intricately engineering is focused on solving these challenges every day. Got strong opinions on the topic? We'd love to hear them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented Ruby/Rails developer to join our experienced Engineering team. You'll be responsible for building applications, from complex groups of back-end microservices to command line utilities and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, while working closely with others across all layers of the organization. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
- Interact with product management and internal customers: interpret needs, requirements, specifications
- Comfortable working in a Linux-based DevOps model where you are highly involved in how your systems are deployed, monitored and utilized internally and externally in our production SaaS platform
- Strongly motivated and/or experienced in test driven development and test automation
- Experience building scalable, robust and high-performance RESTful web services that satisfy multiple use-cases and users, for use by internal and external systems and applications
- Strong software engineering and data modeling/database experience, including high volume Postgres environments or equivalent
- Good written and verbal English skills
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience building applications on an Engineering team.
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- Proficiency with Ruby and Rails
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to design schemas for anyone and anything
- Experience implementing automated testing and continuous integration solutions
- Experience with Git
- A CS/CE degree is preferred.
- Prior experience with these technologies is not required:
- Front-End : Vue.js
- Back-End : Ruby / Rails, Node
- Data Stores : Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, S3
- Clouds : AWS, Heroku, DigitalOcean
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus program
- Private English classes to level up your communication
- Open vacation policy
- Work remotely - we'll give you a stipend to help with costs
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing startup
Intricately is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's make something awesome together.