Director of Engineering
Intricately is the only product of its kind that captures global cloud usage, spend, and engagement by collecting real-time data from across the public Internet. Companies across the cloud and infrastructure ecosystem rely on Intricately's market insight to get visibility into a rapidly expanding market, map and plan territories, and more.
We're looking for a Director of Engineering in Brazil to lead our Brazilian engineering team. Your mission is to build a high performance culture of product and feature delivery. You will own engineering operations: people, organization, infrastructure, and feature delivery. You work cross functionally in the company and externally with customers to ensure delivery of product features. You speak the language of engineering and business, and drive the direction of the entire engineering organization whilst building and nurturing a team of amazing engineers.
As an early hire, you will be a core member of the team with a tremendous impact on the product, culture, and trajectory of the company. You will work closely with the founding team to understand our customers, product, and market while you lead engineering to ship product features that deliver the largest impact.
Some context on our scale
- We see Millions of daily real-time events representing the living breathing internet
- We track Billions of digital assets
- We store Petabytes of event-state data
In the short term, you'll:
- Listen and learn. You'll audit our current engineering function and team, building a plan to capitalize on successes and address opportunities.
- Begin to take on the tactical responsibilities of leading an engineering team: leading meetings of all kinds, getting to know your reports through 1:1s, etc.
- Build internal cross-functional communication channels and external customer communication channels. Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Marketing are your best friends for different reasons.
- Work with CS and Sales to support customer onboarding
In the long term, you'll:
- Own the engineering roadmap, collaborating closely with cross functional stakeholders to assure engineering direction aligns with company direction
- Put people management processes in place to allow for holistic view into your team. You'll develop performance management standards, create promotion architecture, and advocate for additional headcount.
- Level up reports and hire people beneath you to manage our growing team of engineers
- Iterate on the department's organization, making sure that the teams are structured correctly, communicating, and following excellent and scalable processes.
- Build strong process around feature delivery, assuring that engineering is supporting product, the business, and these processes are scalable and effective.
- 10+ years of engineering experience, with 4 or more in a management position
- Hands-on engineering delivery experience with an Enterprise SaaS product
- Experience building teams (including managers) and leveling them up
- Experience with agile methodology (Kanban or Scrum)
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Front-End : AngularJS/VueJS
- Back-End : Ruby / Rails, Node
- Data Stores : Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, S3
- Clouds : AWS, Heroku, DigitalOcean
- Highly competitive pay
- Profit sharing plan
- Learning and development stipend
- Workspace setup
- Unlimited PTO
- Amazing, smart, kind coworkers
- When we're no longer in a global pandemic: retreats and team offsites
Intricately is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's make something awesome together.