VP of Engineering
Intricately is the only product of its kind that captures global cloud usage, spend, and engagement by collecting real-time data from across the public Internet. Companies across the cloud and infrastructure ecosystem rely on Intricately's market insight to get visibility into a rapidly expanding market, map and plan territories, and much more.
Engineering at Intricately
Many companies talk about Big Data- we're living it. How would you model cloud/infrastructure spend for the Fortune 500? How would you collect this data? How would you track variations in this dataset? What's noise vs signal? What's the most efficient way to query 30mm+ Internet Gateways? How do you create a front-end to surface insights for customers so they can get the information they need and get on with their day? Intricately engineering is focused on solving these challenges every day. Got strong opinions on the topic? We're excited to discuss them with you!
As an early hire, you will be a core member of the team with a tremendous impact on the product, culture, and trajectory of the company. You'll work closely with the founding team to refine, improve, and ship product. You'll be part of a team creating a service that's heavily used (and loved) by some of the largest cloud and infrastructure companies in the world.
We are looking for a VPE excited to lead the engineering side of our company - including engineering processes, architecture, people management, recruiting, and growth. We have a founding team with deep technical expertise and we have worked with awesome VPEs in the past and have seen the tremendous impact first-hand that person can deliver. Our hope is that you've got the right combination of process wizardry, technical prowess, leadership traits, and (most importantly) is someone we enjoy spending lots of time with.
Some context on our scale
- We see Millions of daily real-time events representing the living breathing internet
- We track Billions of digital assets
- We store Petabytes of event-state data
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Inspiring, leading and growing a team of software engineers
- Designing and executing processes for workflow and standards
- Managing project milestones, progress, and issues
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting metrics to stakeholders and customers
- Providing technical leadership for product and business strategy
- Collaborating with leadership to build a world-class engineering organization
- Improving code quality and creating a culture that consistenly delivers strong engineering design
- Shipping beautiful and functional product
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years as an engineering lead or design engineer
- 5+ years of software engineering management
- 3+ years of “in the trenches” startup experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Hands-on engineering experience with modern software stacks
- Strong command of software engineering principles, design, and process
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- Demonstrated product management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Front-End : Angular
- Back-End : Ruby / Rails, Node
- Data Stores : Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, S3
- Clouds : AWS, Heroku, DigitalOcean
- The best medical, dental and vision coverage available – Intricately pays 90%
- Lunch, snacks, fancy beverages, and more
- 75% of a Gym membership or wellness regimen you prefer – up to $150 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
Intricately is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's make something awesome together.