Data Scientist / Developer
Intricately is the only product of its kind that captures global cloud usage, spend, and engagement by collecting real-time data from across the public Internet. Companies across the cloud and infrastructure ecosystem rely on Intricately's market insight to get visibility into a rapidly expanding market, map and plan territories, and much more.
Engineering at Intricately
Many companies talk about Big Data- we're living it. How would you model cloud/infrastructure spend for the Fortune 500? How would you collect this data? How would you track variations in this dataset? What's noise vs signal? What's the most efficient way to query 30mm+ Internet Gateways? How do you create a front-end to surface insights for customers so they can get the information they need and get on with their day? Intricately engineering is focused on solving these challenges every day. Got strong opinions on the topic? We'd love to hear them.
As an early hire, you will be a core member of the team with a tremendous impact on the product, culture, and trajectory of the company. You'll work closely with the founding team to refine, improve, and ship product. You'll be part of a team creating a service that's heavily used (and loved) by some of the largest cloud and infrastructure companies in the world.
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help our customers make smarter decisions by surfacing key insights across our data. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
Some context on our scale
- We see Millions of daily real-time events representing the living breathing internet
- We track Billions of digital assets
- We store Petabytes of event-state data
- Automate scoring and ranking using machine learning techniques
- Design and implement recommendation and anomaly detection systems
- Improve and extend the features used by our powerful events monitoring system
- Extend our data with third party data sources
- Enhance data collection to include information relevant to our market
- Automate the processing, cleansing, and verification of data
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Mastery of at least one NoSQL datastore, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, ElasticSearch
- Experience building data-centric applications and scripts / utilities
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Tableau, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality and great communication skills
- Front-End : Angular
- Back-End: Ruby / Rails, Node, Go
- Data Stores: Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, S3, Cassandra
- Clouds: AWS, Heroku, DigitalOcean
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Lunch, snacks, fancy beverages, and more
- Gym membership or wellness regimen of your choosing – up to $150 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
Intricately is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's make something awesome together.