Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Intricately is the leading provider of data insights on cloud product usage, adoption, and spend. The platform delivers real-time intelligence to cloud vendors to prospect and prioritize opportunities, start better conversations with customers, deliver more wins, and help customer success teams identify issues before they become problems. Founded in 2014, Intricately is proudly backed by Counterpart Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, Singtel Innov8, and Susa Ventures.
Many companies talk about Big Data- we're actually living it. How would you model cloud/infrastructure spend for the Fortune 500? How would you collect this data? How would you track variations in this dataset? What's noise vs signal? What's the most efficient way to query 30mm+ Internet Gateways? How do you create a front-end to surface insights for customers so they can get the information they need and get on with their day? Intricately engineering is focused on solving these challenges every day. Got strong opinions on the topic? We're excited to discuss them with you!
We are looking for a talented site reliability engineer who is excited to have an impact on a small but growing team and wants to build the foundation of the SRE role inside Intricately. Your primary responsibilities will be to improve the aspects of observability of our product, our CI/CD pipeline, infrastructure and help the team to build with observability in mind.
Some context on our scale:
We see Millions of daily real-time events representing the living breathing internet
We track Billions of digital assets
We store Petabytes of event-state data
In the short term, you'll:
- Help us to define the fundation of the SRE role inside Intricately
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline to enable the engineering team deliver faster
- Increase the observability of our product
- Work closely with the engineering team
In the long term, you'll:
- Improve observability aspects of our product
- Create and measure KPIs (MTTR, SLAs, SLOs, SLIs)
- 3+ years of experience as a site reliability engineer
- Startup experience working with SaaS products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Datadog, Codeship and Github
- Ruby / Rails, Node and VueJS
- Data Stores: Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, S3
- Clouds : AWS, DigitalOcean, Heroku
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation policy
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave
- Fully subsidized English lessons
- Equipment stipend
At Intricately, we don't just accept difference, we celebrate it: We know that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We don't care what color your skin is, who or what you worship, what your gender identity, where you are from, what your love life looks like, how old you are, if you are differently abled, if you are a veteran, or if you have face tattoos. We do care that you make a positive impact with your unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team is excited to build something awesome with you, so come as you are; just refrain from being a jerk.