Platform Developer (Ruby)
Intricately is the only product of its kind that captures global cloud usage, spend, and engagement by collecting real-time data from across the public Internet. Companies across the cloud and infrastructure ecosystem rely on Intricately's market insight to get visibility into a rapidly expanding market, map and plan territories, and much more.
Engineering at Intricately
Many companies talk about Big Data- we're living it. How would you model cloud/infrastructure spend for the Fortune 500? How would you collect this data? How would you track variations in this dataset? What's noise vs signal? What's the most efficient way to query 30mm+ Internet Gateways? How do you create a front-end to surface insights for customers so they can get the information they need and get on with their day? Intricately engineering is focused on solving these challenges every day. Got strong opinions on the topic? We'd love to hear them.
We are looking for a talented Ruby developer responsible for building applications, from complex groups of back-end microservices to command line utilities and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, while working closely with others across all layers of the platform. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
- Interact with product management and internal customers: interpret needs, requirements, specifications
- Comfortable working in a Linux-based DevOps model where you are highly involved in how your systems are deployed, monitored and utilized internally and externally in our production SaaS platform
- Strongly motivated and/or experienced in test driven development and test automation
- Experience building scalable, robust and high-performance RESTful web services that satisfy multiple use-cases and users, for use by internal and external systems and applications
- Strong software engineering and data modeling/database experience, including high volume MySQL environments or equivalent
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Proficiency in at least one other programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to design schemas for anyone and anything
- Experience implementing automated testing and continuous integration solutions
- Proficient understanding of Git
- AT LEAST 4 years experience building applications. CS degree a plus.
- Front-End : Angular
- Back-End : Ruby / Rails, Node
- Data Stores : Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, S3
- Clouds : AWS, Heroku, DigitalOcean
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Lunch, snacks, fancy beverages, and more
- Gym membership or wellness regimen of your choosing – up to $150 a month
- Awesome team building activities and events - let's hang out
- Whatever computer and desk setup you want - let's get to work!
Intricately is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of our team's culture. We're proud to welcome people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences — join us and let's make something awesome together.