Senior Frontend Engineer
Intricately is the leading provider of data insights on cloud product usage, adoption, and spend. The platform delivers real-time intelligence to cloud vendors to prospect and prioritize opportunities, start better conversations with customers, deliver more wins, and help customer success teams identify issues before they become problems. Founded in 2014, Intricately is proudly backed by Counterpart Ventures, Bloomberg Beta, Singtel Innov8, and Susa Ventures.
Many companies talk about Big Data- we're actually living it. How would you model cloud/infrastructure spend for the Fortune 500? How would you collect this data? How would you track variations in this dataset? What's noise vs signal? What's the most efficient way to query 30mm+ Internet Gateways? How do you create a front-end to surface insights for customers so they can get the information they need and get on with their day? Intricately engineering is focused on solving these challenges every day. Got strong opinions on the topic? We're excited to discuss them with you!
We are looking for a remote Sr. Front-End Engineer excited to own front-end product delivery. We have a founding team with deep technical expertise and have seen the tremendous impact first-hand that this role can deliver. You've got the right combination of software wizardry, technical prowess, leadership traits, and (most importantly) is someone we enjoy spending lots of time with.
As an early hire, you will be a core leader within the engineering organization with a tremendous impact on the product, culture, and the trajectory of the company. You'll be part of a team creating a service that's heavily used (and loved) by some of the largest cloud and infrastructure companies in the world. You'll work closely with the CTO to refine, improve, and ship product, and will lead a frontend team through example, mentorship, and training. If you think there could be a fit, we'd love to talk to you!
Some context on our scale:
-We see Millions of daily real-time events representing the living breathing internet
-We track Billions of digital assets
-We store Petabytes of event-state data
In the short term, you'll:
- Lead a team of software engineers by example, mentoring them to level up the function
- Build product features quickly and efficiently
- Lead code reviews, pairing sessions, and general knowledge transfer
- Improve our front-end development tooling and workflow
- Scale yourself by writing clear and concise engineering spec and documentation for other engineers to follow
- Create a culture of knowledge sharing and mentorship
In the long term, you'll:
- Provide technical leadership and, if you are interested in people management, manage a team
- Be an on-demand resource of knowledge for your colleagues
- Ship beautiful and functional product
- 5+ years of experience as a front-end software engineer w/extensive knowledge of VueJS.
- Startup experience building products people love
- Strong command of software engineering principles, design, and process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Aptitude for coaching and mentorship
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and lead a team of globally dispersed developers.
- Front-End : VueJS
- Back-End : Ruby / Rails, Node
- Data Stores : Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, InfluxDB, Redis, Memcache, S3
- Clouds : AWS, DigitalOcean, Heroku
- Competitive salary
- Open vacation policy
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave
- Fully subsidized English lessons
- Equipment stipend
At Intricately, we don't just accept difference, we celebrate it: We know that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We don't care what color your skin is, who or what you worship, what your gender identity, where you are from, what your love life looks like, how old you are, if you are differently abled, if you are a veteran, or if you have face tattoos. We do care that you make a positive impact with your unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team is excited to build something awesome with you, so come as you are; just refrain from being a jerk.