Lead Software Data Engineer (Financial Operations)
Product – Product - Engineering /
We are a rapidly growing start-up, backed by leading venture capitalists. We love information because it helps people make better decisions and drives innovation. The information economy is just getting started and our suite of information and data processing software products are starting to help people unlock the true power of information. Our journey starts in finance and capital markets where information moves trillion dollar markets, but this is just the beginning.
Read a spotlight on Intropic here.
Join us to help the world unlock the true power of information.
Impact of role
Your role will have a wide far-reaching impact as we deliver first class data solutions. You will help shape how the finance team works and delivers while also solving difficult problems with innovative answers. Your innovative answers have the opportunity to spearhead a new product offering for Intropic to help our clients effectively and efficiently solve problems across their finance, talent and customer systems.
Instead of producing financial reports, you will work on building smarter more efficient solutions using inputs from the business and external sources to draw insights, highlight movements, and interact with business leaders. More than a visualisation tool, we want our leaders to push information to the finance team; updating budgets and forecasts in real-time. This role involves looking at a disparate range of services used in managing a business, designing and building a single platform over these.
This is a role for an entrepreneurial person who backs themselves to learn on the fly and solve problems. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering with a dotted line to the Head of Finance and Operations.
You are a self-starter, self-driven person who is comfortable working in an environment where you have access to financial information and have the ability and drive to take ownership of this problem statement. Your engineering peers will be able to help you solve problems, but will not have access to the same data set.
- Writing clean, well-tested and production-ready Python code
- Make key technical decisions around technical de-risking and technology choices
- Lead finance software selection with the finance team; manage and test data migration - no variance is too small to investigate
- Create and maintain security controls around sensitive data
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Experience programmatically extracting and modelling data from disparate sources and technologies e.g. REST APIs, SFTP, Blob Storage, Streaming services etc
- Worked in an environment with Git, CI/CD, unit testing, integration testing and code review
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid experience with financial information, you understand how debits and credits control the double-entry system
- Experience with ERP systems such as NetSuite, SAP, Dynamics
- Experience presenting data in different formats
Nice to have:
- Excellent compensation: £60,000 to £90,000
- Unlimited learning budget towards OKRs + £1K learning budget
- Unlimited holidaySubsidised gym membership at GymBoxState of art tech - choose your equipment
- Employee pension contribution with a SIPP platform
- Equity options: so you feel ownership of your work and share in the success of the company
- Working with exceptional people
We are able to sponsor our new team member with a Skilled Worker visa (formerly Tier 2) if required.
For further information contact the talent acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.