Lead Financial Researcher
Product – Product - Research and Data Science /
We are a rapidly growing start-up, backed by leading venture capitalists. We love information because it helps people make better decisions and drives innovation. The information economy is just getting started and our suite of information and data processing software products are starting to help people unlock the true power of information. Our journey starts in finance and capital markets where information moves trillion dollar markets, but this is just the beginning.
Read a spotlight on Intropic here.
Join us to help the world unlock the true power of information.
Impact of role
As a Lead Financial Researcher, you will work in cross-functional teams alongside designers, product managers, data scientists & software engineers. You will guide Research squads to discover & build game-changing products & deliver on other high impact research initiatives across the company. This role is focused on technical delivery & is not research management. You will be empowered to make key decisions that will de-risk the project or product, you will make key decisions based on your domain knowledge and orchestrate a team of high performing researchers. This is a role for an entrepreneurial person who backs themselves to learn on the fly and solve problems for customers. You should be willing to lead by example but also know when the time is right to take a step back and delegate.
- Partner with leads in other disciplines (e.g product, engineering) to build products & deliver OKRs
- Hands-on financial research when required
- Working out a research road map & delegating tasks to the team
- Track team progression towards OKRs & work closely with research management & leadership
- Make key technical decisions around technical de-risking & technology choices
- Regularly talks with customers & takes responsibility for value add of the product
- Guide the team on their hybrid working policy
Requirements - You should apply if
- You have at least 4 years of financial research experience (preferably T-shaped / full stack)
- You have experience working at the cutting edge of financial research or in an institutional setting
- You have a track record of making key technical decisions & bringing key insights on high impact revenue-generating projects
- CFA Level 3 is preferred but not essential
- Excellent compensation: £40,000 - £120,000
- Unlimited learning budget towards OKRs + £1K learning budget
- Unlimited holiday
- Subsidised gym membership at GymBox
- State of art tech - choose your equipment
- Employee pension contribution with a SIPP platform
- Equity options: so you feel ownership of your work and share in the success of the company
- Working with exceptional people