Senior/Lead User Researcher
Product – Product - Design /
We are a rapidly growing start-up, backed by leading venture capitalists. We love information because it helps people make better decisions and drives innovation. The information economy is just getting started and our suite of information and data processing software products are starting to help people unlock the true power of information. Our journey starts in finance and capital markets where information moves trillion dollar markets, but this is just the beginning.
Read a spotlight on Intropic here.
Join us to help the world unlock the true power of information.
Impact of the role
We’re looking for an experienced UX Researcher to join our Product Design team. We’d like to hear from curious, critical thinkers and great communicators from varied backgrounds. You’ll be helping us bring user needs to the forefront of the business, allowing us to create better experiences and drive innovation.
- Being the first User Researcher at Intropic you will help drive and consolidate a user centric approach to product and design decisions, from running research campaigns to helping establish the Research Operations.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers and other functions of the business to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research that helps us better understand our existing and potential customers and how to create a better product that solves their problems and meets their needs.
- Lead the research across squads, suggesting the best approach and methods to use so we’re capturing the right insights that help us grow and develop our product in our mission.
- Plan and run qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, diary studies both remote and in-person, concept testing and usability studies for existing and future products.
- Identify actionable insights through quantitative methods such as surveys, and use basic statistical concepts to ensure findings are robust.
- Evaluate and explore information architecture, using tree-tests, card-sorts or whatever other methods are appropriate.
- Mentor and train Product Managers and Product Designers to run their own lightweight "disposable" research, freeing you up to do the high-impact work.
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means ranging from presentations, workshops, reports or whatever mechanism gets the insights into our decision-making.
- Serve as a strategic research partner to Design, PM and other teams
- Act as primary contact for the company’s research needs, from large generative projects to evaluative, tactical, and investigative quick wins.
- Scope, plan, conduct, analyse and communicate insights from mixed-methods research, including in-depth interviews, usability testing, concept testing, surveys, field research, jobs to be done and other methods, as needed.
- Transform stakeholder questions into actionable research plans.
- Evangelize your insights across the company and influence product and strategy decisions, based on your work.
- 5+ years of user research experience, preferably with some experience in a lead role or main point of contact for a large product area with many stakeholders.
- Track record of influencing product decision making.
- Ability to own the research process end-to-end from ideation to solution.
- You’ve got lots of hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods, appreciating their limitations and when to apply them appropriately.
- You’re familiar with quantitative research and understand how user research helps shape metrics and drive teams towards success.
- Salary: £60,000 - £90,000
- Unlimited learning budget towards OKRs + £1K learning budget
- Unlimited holiday
- Subsidised gym membership at GymBox
- State of art tech - MacBook Pro
- Employee pension contribution with a SIPP platform
- Equity options: so you feel ownership of your work and share in the success of the company
- Working with exceptional people
For further information contact the talent acquisition team at email@example.com.