Solutions Architect - AWS
Architecture & Operations
Please apply if you are innovative and ambitious person who wants to work in a research focused organization that makes a positive global impact on society and the environment.
As a Solutions Architect at Invenia Labs you will provide support to developers and researchers in identifying infrastructure bottlenecks in their code, systems, and workflows and resolving infrastructure related concerns as they pertain to and impact their work and productivity. You will work closely with other members of the team, monitor infrastructure to prevent failures. Design and implement cloud computing infrastructures in response to current needs and to anticipate future needs.
- Manage, maintain, evolve, design, and implement cloud-first computing infrastructures using modern tools, software, products, and methods.
- Writing and maintain reference, instructional, and supporting a project, design, and implementation documentation.
- Support, diagnose, triage, and repair IT infrastructure in the event of a fault or degradation, and monitor IT infrastructure continuously using available metrics, adding information sources as appropriate, to predict and prevent failures.
- Assist developers to ensure that software systems select appropriate algorithms and intelligently and correctly leverage appropriate infrastructure elements.
- Assist developers and researchers to adopt new technologies that improve their workflows.
- Support the Invenia team with day-to-day IT needs and problems including support for Linux, Mac OS X/ macOS desktop and server environments.
- Experience with the AWS service portfolio. AWS Associate-level (or better) certification is preferred.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services and non-IaaS public-cloud provider products.
- Experience related to virtualisation including Xen, and container platforms such as Solaris Zones, LXC, or Docker.
- Knowledge of Linux server environments CCNA or equivalent experience related to networking and network management
- Some experience with low-level socket programming is an asset.
- Some familiarity with log and metric monitoring tools such as Splunk, Graylog, Kibana, Logstash, Grafana, Graphite, and CloudWatch.
- Knowledge of high performance and GPGPU computing concepts is an asset.
- Some experience developing performant or scientific computing applications is an asset.