People Operations Associate
Winnipeg, Canada /
Please apply if you are an innovative and ambitious individual who would enjoy helping grow an organization that makes a positive global impact on society and on the environment. You will do well in this role if you like working in a team, and if you are excited to take on new challenges.
Reporting to the People Operations Manager, you will be involved in a wide array of projects with the People Operations Team, aimed at supporting the Invenia family. You will also assist with day-to-day office logistics, administrative tasks, event planning, team relations, and hiring-related activities.
- Oversee and manage payroll, benefits, and bonus programs.
- Ensure employee records are kept up to date.
- Assist with documentation, administration, and company communications.
- Create employee reports upon request.
- Help organize travel, accommodation, and itineraries where needed, with the aim to create an outstanding experience.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, birthdays, team outings, and conferences.
- Help onboard new Invenians, and ensure success of the onboarding process.
- Promote team culture and help to increase team engagement.
- Flexibility and willingness to engage in different business areas, and take on new responsibilities.
- Positive and supportive attitude with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and running company events.
- Proficiency in Google Docs + Sheets, MS Word and Excel. (Added bonus for familiarity with LaTeX.)
- Familiarity with employment laws and best practices is optional but would be helpful.
- University degree in any field.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, reliable, focused on common goals, and excited about the future. An appreciation for quality and attention to detail is key.
Invenia uses machine learning to optimize electrical grids, reducing waste and inefficiencies while also lowering CO₂ emissions. This work helps to make electricity grids more cost-efficient and environmentally friendly.