People Operations Manager
Cambridge, England /
Please apply if you are an innovative and ambitious individual who would enjoy helping grow an organisation that makes a positive global impact on society and on the environment. You will do well in this role if you are both passionate about people, and about operational excellence.
You will be involved in a wide array of projects with the People Operations Team, aimed at supporting the Invenia family. You will be responsible for essential People Operations functions, such as team member success, culture building, development of policies and processes to support our culture, company-wide communications, team member relations, among others. In this role, you may also manage and support other members of the People Operations team as required.
- Promote a positive culture.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the team member experience.
- Support the team to enable everyone to reach their full potential.
- Work with team members to design professional growth plans, and select the best opportunities to support these plans.
- Plan and run regular performance reviews.
- Develop, review and improve the company’s templates, policies, and processes, in accordance with Invenia’s culture
- Deliver an exceptional onboarding experience to new team members.
- Manage team member compensation, variable compensation and benefits. Liaise with Invenia’s Finance group where needed (e.g. for grant applications, payments, and variable compensation documentation.)
- Work with the People Operations team to create strategies and solutions for various company matters.
- Assist with recruitment activities.
- Assist with Invenia’s employer branding.
- Manage and oversee People Operations Associates as required.
- Flexibility and willingness to engage in different business areas, and take on new responsibilities.
- Positive and supportive attitude with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Experience in recruitment, administration and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with well developed influencing, negotiating, and consulting abilities.
- Familiarity with legal compliance and policy development, or the ability to learn fast.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, and an appreciation for quality.
- Proficiency in Google Docs + Sheets, MS Word and Excel. (Added bonus for familiarity with LaTeX.)
- Education in Human Resources, social sciences, or business (not essential, but considered a valuable asset).
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, responsible, team-focused, and excited about the future.
Invenia uses machine learning to optimise electrical grids, reducing waste and inefficiencies while also lowering CO₂ emissions. Invenia’s work helps to make electricity grids more cost-efficient and environmentally friendly.