Winnipeg, Canada /
Architecture & Operations /
Please apply if you are an innovative and ambitious person who wants to work in a research focused organisation that makes a positive global impact on society and the environment.
As a Cloud Engineer, you'd work closely with developers and researchers, identifying infrastructure bottlenecks in their code, systems, and workflows. You would also collaborate with other team members to design, implement, monitor and improve our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Design, implement and maintain cloud-first computing infrastructures
- Write and maintain related documentation.
- Monitor IT infrastructure and repair in the event of a fault or degradation.
- Assist developers and researchers in adopting new technologies that improve their workflows.
- Ensure that software systems select appropriate algorithms and leverage the correct infrastructure elements.
- Support the team with day-to-day IT needs and problems, including support for Linux, Mac OS X/ macOS desktop and server environments.
- Experience with the AWS service portfolio (AWS Associate-level (or better) certification is preferred)
- Amazon Web Services and non-IaaS public-cloud provider products
- Virtualisation including Xen, and container platforms, such as Solaris Zones, LXC, or DockerLinux server environments CCNA or equivalent
- Low-level socket programmingLog and metric monitoring tools such as Splunk, Graylog, Kibana, Logstash, Grafana, Graphite, and CloudWatch.
- High performance and GPGPU computing concepts.
- Developing performant or scientific computing applications.
Other helpful (optional) assets include:
Please note this is an onsite role, and only remote due to current circumstances until being in the office is safe again. We consider candidates who are willing to relocate to one of our offices in either Winnipeg, Canada or Cambridge, UK.