People Operations Associate
Cambridge, England /
Please apply if you are an innovative and ambitious individual who would enjoy helping grow an organization that makes a positive global impact on society and on the environment. You will do well in this role if you like working in a team, and if you are excited to take on new challenges.
Reporting to the People Operations Manager, you will be involved in a wide array of projects with the People Operations Team, aimed at supporting the Invenia family. You will also assist with day-to-day office logistics, administrative tasks, event planning, team relations, and hiring-related activities.
- Oversee and manage payroll, benefits, and bonus programs.
- Ensure employee records are kept up to date.
- Assist with documentation, administration, and company communications.
- Create employee reports upon request.
- Help organise travel, accommodation, and itineraries where needed, with the aim to create an outstanding experience.
- Organise and coordinate meetings, birthdays, team outings, and conferences.
- Help onboard new Invenians, and ensure success of the onboarding process.
- Promote team culture and help to increase team engagement.
- Demonstrable experience with at least two of the areas of responsibility of this position.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail and a focus on clarity.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and running company events.
- Experience in being involved in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive and supportive attitude with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work collaboratively and produce high-quality results.
- Ability to stay productive, organised, and calm under pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to engage in different business areas, and take on new responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, and Calendar. (Added bonus for familiarity with Slack, and maybe LaTeX, MS Office, or MS Excel.)
- Familiarity with employment laws and best practices in the UK is optional, but would be helpful.
- University degree in any field.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, reliable, focused on common goals, and excited about the future. An appreciation for quality and attention to detail is key.
Invenia uses machine learning to optimise electrical grids, reducing waste and inefficiencies while also lowering CO₂ emissions. This work helps to make electricity grids more cost-efficient and environmentally friendly.