Worldwide - Remote /
The Partnership: Core Corporate Functions – Engineering - Partner /
We are currently looking to fill this position as soon as possible. We'd like to ask you a few questions to jump-start the process and get to know you a bit. Note** Once you apply, we will be sending you a questionnaire and engineering test. In order to be considered, you must submit your completed answers to the test and questionnaire. We are also currently receiving a large number of applications, so you may not hear from us immediately. Good luck with the hiring process and we'll be in touch soon!
What is Invisible?
Website - inv.tech
Blog - https://inv.tech/blog
Overview / Sales Deck
Who are we?
We are the Invisible’s Technologies Team. We solve problems at scale so they never happen again. At our best, we solve problems before they happen. How?
We Believe That
Invisible is a world-changing company and the Technologies Team is responsible for creating the systems that will launch Invisible into the stratosphere.
-- Exponential gains from systems > Short term linear work > Systems for system's sake.
-- Consistent feedback is key - we are addicted to learning and getting better.
-- What one of us knows, all of us should know.
-- Every new mistake is a learning opportunity
Because of these beliefs, we’ve built a team where
--Distributed approaches and centralized intelligence merge. Each teammate is constantly innovating and trying something new. Every mistake is prevented by all. Every success is learned by all.
-- Each of us contains the sum of the knowledge, intelligence, and creativity of our entire team.
-- We evolve and mutate constantly like an organism, identifying successful and problematic tactics and incorporating ideas from any source.
-- Familiarity with our stack, and desire to learn more on the job
Whenever possible, we use the best tools for the job. Since a lot of what we do is asynchronous, and talking with external APIs, we saw Typescript as a natural fit for most of our stack (though this decision can always be questioned).
-- Node.js, TypeScript, Postgresql, Redis, Kafka
-- Serverless functions on Vercel
We love open source! We share publicly as much of our code as possible.
Share your Github/Gitlab/StackOverflow or similar profiles. If you are contributing to an open source projects, proudly flaunt them!
What Software Engineers are expected to do well
- Communication - Proactively communicate status, identify blockers and problems as soon as possible. Don't make us chase.
- Systemic improvement - Don’t just follow orders. Question them. Question everything. Make improvements to how we work, not just our team, but the entire company.
- Systems thinking - Build systems that scale, optimize around constraints, architect towards the future, and create beautiful solutions to difficult problems.
- Shipping - Deliver results with speed and quality.
- Teamwork - A culture where personal and team growth thrive and we become better every single week Growth - Tenaciously improve yourself day after day at an exponential rate, and bring the company with you.
Specifically, a Software Engineer will
- Own their areas of the codebase.
- Participate in discussions on architecture, implementation plans for different features.
- Execute well on those plans, including documentation and automated tests.
- Review code daily and be able to pair often.
- Mentor the engineers on the squad.
- Keep head on a swivel for newer and better technologies, if applicable.
2021: USD $51k, Plus Equity!
2022: USD $63k - $80k, Plus Equity!
Health Benefits or Stipend
Flexible Work Schedule / Unlimited Vacation Days
As a rapidly growing start-up, we are looking for mission-driven people that are looking to build cool products, take on new challenges, and grow with us, including growing compensation.
Culture at Invisible is super important, and as we scale our team, identifying Invisible DNA early on in our recruitment process is essential to ensure a strong mutual fit.
We'd love to get to know you better and hope you enjoy our short questionnaire to help us determine what sets you apart from other candidates, and how closely your values are aligned with ours. :)
Good luck with the hiring process and if there's a match, we'll be in touch soon!