Principal Software Engineer (SRE/DevOps)
Worldwide - Remote /
The Partnership: Core Corporate Functions – Engineering - Partner /
We are actively recruiting for this position and are excited to have the right person join us soon.
Invisible Technologies is on a mission to industrialize work by fine-tuning automation and human interaction, powered by our team of Partners and Agents around the world. We’ve been a globalized, distributed team, since before the pandemic, and we pride ourselves on transparent, effective communication to collaborate and take ownership as needed.
What is Invisible?
Website : http://www.inv.tech/
Overview / Sales Deck - https://invtech.docsend.com/view/6kp3ixp
Core Values - https://www.notion.so/invisibletech/d8add47d17584715a62aa4d46f0270b8?v=187ce27ec02f4bfaa2aed9f3f2c6ad6d
As an Engineer your job is to write quality code, act with strong ownership, execute on and add to the vision of the engineering team, working with product and wider stakeholders.
Every engineer should be constantly learning and growing. As an experienced engineer, you should be eager to learn and grow every day. We expect you to raise the bar for performance on the engineering team.
Our team currently consists of 10 partner engineers and a dozen more agents and interns. The team will double in the coming year — you have an opportunity to mentor and lead.
The first principle of execution is reliable delivery — you honor your commitments. You should set clear expectations for your deliverables and drive through to success. The formula for success? Say what you’re going to do, do it, and then let everyone know that it’s done.
The second principle of execution is intelligent prioritization. Your job is to put the puzzle pieces together in a sensible, expedient way. We’re not just building a product or a platform. We’re building a company.
We are always striving to build the right thing. You are a key partner for Product, and you’re a critical stakeholder because you know what can be built and what will work. You will focus your energy on one of our core products and act as an owner.
The ideal candidate has learned from experience that technical decisions have far-reaching consequences. As an experienced professional engineer, you are always mindful to avoid technical debt and waste.
Principals are Architects and Leaders
Principal engineers at Invisible are able to follow multiple paths. Some of our Principal engineers are technical leads of teams and are responsible for people management of those teams. They oversee the technical vision for their area and ensure that there is proper mentorship
Other principal engineers lead through technical initiatives. These engineers oversee broad multi team technical initiatives and own parts of our software stack (ex. Principal engineers might research and roll out new technical frameworks, might develop a new generation of our UI component library or might
- We know that if we have a DevOps team we aren’t practicing DevOps 🙂 both are listed to make it clear that we’re looking for a multi position player who’s comfortable with application engineering AND infrastructure.
- A good candidate will have a strong understanding of cloud architecture including the major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, etc).
- Candidates should understand underlying networking and security considerations when developing the architecture of our deployment environments.
- Candidates should have a strong understanding of authentication and authorization frameworks such as IAM, Security Groups, RBAC, etc.
- Candidates should have experience with Kubernetes and be able to point to deployments they have architected or managed.
- Candidates should have a strong understanding of the operating model of Kubernetes and be able to explain the requirements for designing deployments for new applications.
- Ideal candidates would have experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible or Puppet.
- Ideal candidates are comfortable writing code themselves and can engage with our application developers through shared development experience. Our teams are primarily writing Node and Python.
We’re always eager to learn and grow and try new technologies.
Currently we are looking to hire for a team that works primarily in US timezones and are seeking out engineering talent in these timezones:
-- North/South America
The candidate should be available between 10am to 3pm EDT from Monday to Friday.
Compensation & Benefits
Working Times: US (EST or PST) Hours
2022: $120,000 annual base + bonus + generous equity!
Additional opportunities to earn more equity and increase your ownership percentage of the company, through promotions and through re-distribution of re-acquired shares via buybacks.
Healthcare Benefits (or Stipend Option)
Flexible Work Schedule / Unlimited Vacation Days