North America - Remote /
The Partnership: Core Corporate Functions – Finance /
We are currently looking to fill this position asap.
What is Invisible?
Website : http://www.inv.tech/
Overview / Sales Deck - https://invtech.docsend.com/view/a8tthk8bwi9dbhk6
Who are we?
We are Invisible’s Finance Team. We solve problems at scale so they never happen again. At our best, we solve problems before they happen.
We Believe That
Invisible is a world-changing company
Consistent feedback is key - we are addicted to learning and getting better
What one of us knows, all of us should know
Every new mistake is a learning opportunity
The right person doesn’t need this job description, and won’t wake up in the morning with the thought “I am the Controller at Invisible Technologies,” but with the thought: “Have we taken over the world yet?”
The right person already called me and told me these words: I know numbers. I love them and they love me. I live for finding the accounting lines that aren’t exactly lining up in that spreadsheet. I find problems, I fix them and feel very satisfied with a tremendously valuable, perhaps a little tedious, job well done. I can pay invoices in my sleep and take little joys in perfectly aligned accounts. I am detail oriented, contentious, and trustworthy. I’m a team player but don’t mind working independently. I am reliable and will make my supervisor breathe a huge sigh of relief when they see an email from me stating, “don’t worry. I’ve got this one.”
Lucrative offer including significant equity
Health Benefits or Stipend
Flexible Work Schedule / Unlimited Vacation Days
We'd like to ask you a few questions to jump-start the process and get to know you a bit. Once you apply, we will be sending you a questionnaire. In order to be considered, you must submit your completed answers to the test and questionnaire. We are also currently receiving a lot of applications, so you may not hear from us immediately. Good luck with the hiring process and we'll be in touch.
- Active CPA license
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar finance or accounting position
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Expert in principles and procedures, laws and regulations per GAAP rules
- Demonstrable quality improvement skills with attention to creation of processes and controls in order to achieve timely and accurate results
- Ability to build scalable accounting and control processes and lead a team at the pace of business growth.
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment (Start-up experience a plus)
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures and systems in conjunction with senior management to ensure adequate internal controls and compliance with GAAP and IRS regulations
- Analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Maintain and evolve our financial statements and the general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Ensure Payroll is completed every cycle in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with tax laws
- Oversee the Company’s tax filings and ensure compliance across multiple states and internationally.
- Lead year-end audit engagement with independent auditors
- Keep abreast of accounting developments, and research and provide recommendations related to complex accounting and tax issues
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Develop and implement new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department, including AR/AP/Collections.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for all areas relating to financial accounting and reporting. You will develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. You will manage a small internal team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This role is fully remote (must be available between 8am-8pm PST) and reports to the Head of Finance.