Civil Construction Project Manager
Williamsburg, VA /
Virginia Civil Construction – Virginia Civil Construction /
Do you have 2+ years' experience in Construction as a Project Manager? Are you looking for an exciting change in your career? If so, we would love to connect you with our client who is looking to bring on a Project Manager as they grow their team! Our client is a Heavy Civil Construction contractor with great local leadership and team!
The Purpose of this position is to manage the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome for assigned projects. The Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff.
- Manages multiple Project Managers and projects from Award to Completion
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of detail and accuracy. Ensure all project closeout requirements are completed and submitted to owner for client sign off.
- Oversees complete project design with design team
- Acts as primary point of contact for the client
- Directs technical, contractual and administrative performance of the contracts
- Prepares budget and estimates, with the estimator
- Supervises field staff to meet daily schedules and budget
- Coordinates daily site-specific work efforts
- Maintains consistency of technical approach
- Ensures conformance with regulatory requirements
- Initiates, reviews and supervises subcontractor performance
- Identifies change orders as required
- Ensures adherence to health and safety compliance
- Prepares monthly updated reports on budget, schedule and change orders
- Works effectively with Client, Subcontractors, Superintendent, Estimator, Project Coordinator, Field Staff and Regulatory Agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree focused in construction management, building construction, engineering, construction science or architecture
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Project Manager in construction industry required, with additional experience as Superintendent or QC Manager highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience involving multiple projects, required
- Federal experience highly preferred
- Must have strong computer skills with focus on Microsoft Office package, Primavera P6 and Project Scheduling
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication a must for this position
- Possess and understands company's core values, goals, and vision
- Detail oriented with problem solving skills
- Possess effective communication and organizational skills.
- Must have strong time management and leadership skills to supervise project staff
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to work and collaborate with all levels of the company, clients and subcontractors
- Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to anticipate issues, reactions, etc.
- Open and willing to perform business related travel as needed
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Ability to travel to oversee multiple project sites
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on project/company needs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean driving record required
- Ability to gain access to military job sites
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50lbs
Invoke Staffing is a leading executive search firm based in Raleigh, NC serving clients throughout the United States. Our experience and passion for building lasting relationships with clients and candidates makes us the preferred choice for your talent needs.
The team at Invoke Staffing recognizes the importance of matching qualified candidates with your company that will enhance your business culture. Invoke Staffing represents select companies of all types and sizes nationwide. Using our extensive network of firms and candidates, we are proud of our ability to build trust with our candidates. Using this approach helps our recruiters to better match candidates with the individual needs of each client.