Construction Senior Superintendent
Raleigh, NC /
ENR Top 150 Regional Commercial GC – Raleigh / Charlotte, NC | Richmond, VA /
Are you looking to take the next step in your Superintendent career and want to join a general contracting company that is building exciting projects in Raleigh including in North Hills, Downtown, and across the Triangle?
We are looking for a Construction Superintendent with large construction project experience to join our client's team. You will be responsible for all field operations of commercial, K-12. multi-family and mixed-used projects.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the project(s) assigned in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project. The Superintendent directly supervises field labor force, including laborers/craft workers. This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
- Direct day-to-day on-site supervision of field labor force;
- Inspection of Contractor or (Sub)Contract operations to ensure compliance with Contract;
- Review and approve Trade Contractor Payment Applications with Project Manager;
- Maintain good relationships with internal and external clients, including representatives of Owner and Architect/Engineer;
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Project Manager;
- Conduct quality inspections;
- Coordinate site testing and inspection efforts.
- Monitor costs, including labor time and material;
- Communicate and enforce Safety and Health Management Program;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others;
- Manage schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates;
- Prepare and submit Superintendent’s Daily Reports;
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including subcontractor meetings.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Managed multi-million dollar stick frame commercial projects
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of Prolog;
- Broad understanding of industry;
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong management skills;
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Delegates work appropriately;
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- OSHA certification;
- First Aid/CPR certification;
- 5+ years of industry experience.
Invoke Staffing is a leading executive search firm based in Raleigh, NC serving clients throughout the United States. Our experience and passion for building lasting relationships with clients and candidates makes us the preferred choice for your talent needs.
The team at Invoke Staffing recognizes the importance of matching qualified candidates with your company that will enhance your business culture. Invoke Staffing represents select companies of all types and sizes nationwide. Using our extensive network of firms and candidates, we are proud of our ability to build trust with our candidates. Using this approach helps our recruiters to better match candidates with the individual needs of each client.