Project Manager - Custom Homes
Raleigh, NC /
Custom Home Builder – Custom Home Builder /
Through direct supervision and by exercising independent judgment effectively and efficiently manage the on-site construction process in assigned communities, resulting in a quality home that is delivered on time and within budget. Establish and maintain effective subcontractor relations.
Provide customer care to homebuyer, which results in a high level of customer satisfaction. Safely manage the work site and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental Federal State and Local laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
- Function as primary management representative at assigned construction sites. Including management of the construction process and all subcontractors.
- Responsible for cost control at assigned sites, regulatory agency on-site compliance and ensure that assigned work site complies with all Federal and State safety and environmental laws and ob Site Safety Manual.
- Communication with homebuyers, on-site Sales Counselor/Associate and construction organization as required.
- Manage assigned construction to result in a quality home, which is delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure that the construction function is well staffed and competent in technical, administrative and customer satisfaction skills.
- Team with Sales/Marketing/Design Center to ensure coordination and problem solving between the respective organizations.
- Support Land Development & Acquisition Development functions as needed.
- Work collaboratively with members of Divisional and Corporate Leadership Teams as requested.
- Identify, maintain and effectively manage subcontractors.
- Team with assigned Sales Counselor/Associate to insure high satisfaction level in Customer Service.
- Proactively communicate any construction, customer service or safety issues to the Area Construction Manager with suggestions for resolution.
- Ensure assigned community is in proper order and appealing to the homebuyer.
- Proactively manage production levels and adequate staffing to delivery and division closing budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Construction Management or Business or equivalent years of experience in Construction Management with production builder required.
Skills And Knowledge
- Knowledgeable about the construction industry including construction cost, materials, products, methods and procedures.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the trades, crafts and equipment needed to complete the job, plus the ability to identify potential problems.
- Knowledge and familiarity with blueprints, construction drawings and addendum and reading same required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize several tasks without compromising quality of work or mission deadlines.
- Proven organization skills in a high paced work environment.
- Must be able to use word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, presentation (PowerPoint), database and newsletter (Adobe) software for advanced internal and external communications, creation of reports and presentations and database maintenance.
- Ability to review, analyze and interpret information as well as trouble-shoot to solve problems.
- Computer literacy, proficiency with Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and ability to learn new programs as needed.
- Four years of progressively responsible positions in construction function of production builder preferred.
- 3-5 years home building experience required.
Invoke Staffing is a leading executive search firm based in Raleigh, NC serving clients throughout the United States. Our experience and passion for building lasting relationships with clients and candidates makes us the preferred choice for your talent needs.
The team at Invoke Staffing recognizes the importance of matching qualified candidates with your company that will enhance your business culture. Invoke Staffing represents select companies of all types and sizes nationwide. Using our extensive network of firms and candidates, we are proud of our ability to build trust with our candidates. Using this approach helps our recruiters to better match candidates with the individual needs of each client.