Community Manager - Canada
Inworld is in a very special place right now. On the one hand, we have the backing of top-tier venture capitalists and industry leaders, ensuring that we are well positioned to build the future of immersive entertainment. On the other hand, it is day one for us as we iterate on our beta, launch a new product category, and inspire creators to build next-generation, AI-powered characters.
We’re looking for our first community manager and advocate to help the creator and developer community flourish by sharing their passion and knowledge for storytelling, games, characters, AI, and Inworld. We're looking for a creative technologist whose passion for gaming and storytelling is only matched by their drive to connect authentically with people online and in person. By showcasing the potential of Inworld’s AI characters – at game jams, conferences, Discord, or elsewhere – you will enhance users’ skill sets and spark excitement about limitless possibilities for creativity with Inworld.
If you're the type of person that always has your finger on the pulse of gaming and AI, and are eager to talk shop with anyone and everyone about your favorite NPCs, the latest Discord chatter, or an upcoming game release, this may be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
• Create grassroots momentum and drive adoption of Inworld through interactions with creators in person. Participate and host community events, game jams, and conferences, as the face of Inworld.
• Establish strong relationships with developers and creators in a scalable way. You will engage with online communities in Discord and other forums to build Inworld’s user base. You will motivate and empower the community to create evangelists for Inworld.
• Write tutorials, blogs, create videos, or other content to educate the community. Create opportunities to showcase the community’s work.
• Be a bridge between community and the rest of the company. Keep a pulse on community needs, share feedback, and work with product to shape our roadmap.
• Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming and relevant creator communities. Passionate about storytelling, new forms of interactive media, and enabling others to do their best work.
• Deep, demonstrated experience in online and in-person community building, community tools (e.g. Discord, Reddit, Itch.io, Game Jams, etc.), and social media methodologies.
• High technical fluency, with a solid ability to communicate directly with engineers on technical topics.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience speaking at technology conferences, blogging, writing technical articles.