General Counsel - USA
Mountain View /
We are looking for a General Counsel to represent and advise Inworld in all legal and compliance matters and oversee tech transactions, data protection and privacy, board governance, policies and agreements.
• Juris Doctor degree from ABA accredited law school and current member of the Bar
• 5 years of combined legal experience at a law firm or in-house technology company
• Experience in startups and general corporate work, including private equity, joint ventures
• Experience in the areas of labor and employment law
• Knowledge of IP rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks
• Ability to analyze complex legal issues and provide recommendations for practical solutions and alternatives
• Exceptional communication and writing skills and be comfortable presenting to external and internal audiences
• Provide practical legal advice and manage various projects, depending on the company’s needs, including IP, compliance matters, product, and privacy.
• Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of contracts.
• Support the HR team on labor and employment issues, including benefits, compensation, payroll, HR compliance, remote work, etc.
• Review of press releases, blog posts, and other external communications