Business Development Manager - USA
Mountain View /
Why Join Inworld
At Inworld, we’re building the future of immersive experiences. Our mission is to create and inspire new meaningful relationships. We provide a creative suite for building virtual characters, with a focus on gaming, metaverse, and brand experiences. Our goal is to give creators an intuitive and powerful way to create lifelike, engaging, and expressive personalities.
You will be joining a team of 40 creative technologists, scientists, engineers, and designers who are pioneering the use of artificial intelligence for social connection. While other companies are scaling back, we are well capitalized for our next phase of growth.
Inworld is backed by top-tier investors including Section 32, Intel Capital, BITKRAFT Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, First Spark Ventures, The Venture Reality Fund, CRV, Meta, Microsoft’s M12 fund, Micron Ventures, LG Technology Ventures, NTT Docomo Ventures, and SK Telecom Venture Capital. Inworld was one of six companies selected for the 2022 Disney Accelerator. Prominent angels include Twitch Co-Founder, Kevin Lin; Oculus Co-Founder, Nate Mitchell; Animoca Brands Co-Founder, Yat Siu; The Sandbox Co-Founder, Sebastien Borget and NaHCO3, the family office of Riot Games Co-Founder, Marc Merrill.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager who is passionate about AI, games, and virtual worlds and enjoys the challenges and excitement of a high-growth startup environment. In this role, you will help us to plan and execute business development strategies, and develop and maintain strategic partnerships with technology and gaming partners across the globe.
What you’ll be doing:
• Work alongside the leadership team to build and manage partner relationships with existing and new clients
• Help craft and refine Inworld’s partnership and business development strategy
• Manage and work cross functionally to execute key projects for high profile partners
• Develop a pipeline of prospective partners, conduct outreach and manage inbounds
• Conduct research on target industries and key business drivers
• Track, analyze and communicate key metrics and business trends
• Represent Inworld at key industry events
Who you are and what you’ll bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• Previous experience (2-4 years) working in business development, investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, or a related field
• Experience with outbound sales and pipeline management is a plus
• Excellent business writing, presentation, organizational and communication skills
• Enthusiastic and motivated self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
• Expert at using presentation and spreadsheet software
• Desire to spearhead and work on various initiatives across the org