Rotational Analyst, 2021 Leadership Development Program, London
ION Group – Group: Leadership Development Program /
ION is the world’s most progressive FinTech company providing pioneering software and consultancy services to customers around the globe. We serve large financial institutions, trading firms, central banks, and corporations. We are committed to automating processes that positively impact our customer’s work and provide insights to enable more informed decision making. We provide software to our customers to simplify complex processes and digitize their businesses. Our products and services help the world's leading organizations do more, in a better and simpler way than ever before.
ION software underpins the global fixed income, FX, and derivatives markets, powers the world’s central banks and manages cash and risk for thousands of companies worldwide. ION data and analytics are the golden source for M&A, equity and leverage finance bankers worldwide. With a dynamic team of 6,000+ employees, 50+ global offices, and over 4,800+ customers worldwide, ION provides an unparalleled career experience for those who share our passion for growth and technology evolution.
Our 18-month Leadership Development Program (LDP) consists of 3 unique rotations covering a broad range of ION's core capabilities. Rotations have spanned:
· Project Management
· Product Management
· Client Services
· Business Consulting
· Strategic Marketing
· Corporate Development
· Business Development
· Data Analytics
Travel and international opportunities are available and encouraged. LDP Analysts have had rotations in New York, Toronto, Chicago, Sydney and Dublin and extended assignments in Geneva, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Nice, Pisa, Delhi and dozens of customer locations around the world.
What you'll do
You will be working at the forefront of the FinTech industry on teams with fellow analysts and experienced subject matter experts. After 3 weeks of structured training, you will quickly be expected to take ownership of challenging projects that make a real difference to our company and our customers. You will gain exposure and extensive skills related to the different areas of ION's business. Throughout the program you will also be encouraged to pursue interests and skills outside of your rotation to further yourself and the organization.
Representative Analyst Projects
· Assisted on deployments of ION products for two global commodity shipping companies in Japan and Denmark
· Conducted a strategic assessment of sales and trading workflows for a global investment bank's fixed income division to help standardize processes, automate manual touchpoints, and improve overall sales efficiency
· Worked as part of a team conducting a structured business and technical analysis to help a global investment bank design a new solution to achieve compliance with impending European regulations
· Supported project management, by producing activity reports and participating in customer status calls for a multi-million-dollar project for the one of the world’s leading beverage companies
· Helped build and enhance internal machine learning tools to automate all customer interaction through a customer portal
· Communicate effectively
· Prepare internal and client facing presentations and analysis
· Take ownership of projects and manage deadlines
· Exercise attention to detail in all aspects of performance
· Multitask and think critically under pressure
· Demonstrate creativity and innovation
· Think strategically and build mental models
· Automate to simplify complex processes internally and for customers
· 2:1 or above (either expected or achieved)
· Evidence of interest to work in finance and technology
· Demonstrated leadership potential both in and out of the classroom
· Desire to travel
· Passion for learning
· Strong problem-solving capabilities and the desire to understand the "why" behind each problem
· Candidates welcome from all academic backgrounds
How you'll grow
Upon completion of the LDP, you will have a well-formed view of the FinTech industry. Through the rotational opportunities supported by continuous feedback, coaching and mentoring, you will develop critical skills and professional capabilities fundamental to your career.
At ION we encourage our analysts to step outside their comfort zones. The LDP gives analysts the opportunity to identify their passions and cultivate their skills. Our goal is for you to complete the program equipped with sufficient knowledge and the potential to become future leaders.
Find your passion, build your skills, hone your execution excellence and make a difference.
Application Process & Deadlines
Applications for 2021 open September 14, 2020.
Applicants that submit successful online applications will be required to complete online assessments within 4 days of receiving the test link.
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready because initial video interviews can occur prior to the application period closing.
We aim to notify you of your application status approximately one month after we receive your application.
Application Deadline is November 01, 2020.
Final assessment day* on December 04, 2020.
*We'll support you with your travel expenses for the final assessment day. Please make sure you keep your receipts.