Lab49 – Software Engineering /
Lab49 has an opportunity available for a strong backend engineer with experience in Rust to work on complex and challenging projects to drive transformative change for our top-tier Financial Services clients. Operating in an Agile environment, the Developer will have strong server-side experience to work on next-generation financial systems.
- Build distributed systems including blockchain based applications
- Hit the ground running with the typical Rust or Java or Scala JVM or Python ecosystem stack (Spring and its subprojects, Guice, Guava, Maven, Hibernate, Jetty, etc.)
- Retool continuously as the technology landscape changes every few years
- Be able to pick up other technologies along the whole development stack, including front-end and other non-JVM ecosystems
- Work with our clients in iterative, self-organizing project-based engagements
- Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues
- Be passionate about delivering quality code
- Demonstrate experience writing commercial-grade software applications
- Have a deep understanding of multithreading and real-time software architectures
- Have an abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems
- Be determined to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, as well as a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation
- Experience with, knowledge of, or strong demonstrated interest in crypto, blockchain or Web3 technologies
- Experience with Rust programming language along with Python or Java or React/Angular
- Experience with API design in functional languages
- Test-driven development, which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing
- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, Kanban or derivatives)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment approaches and tools.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or relevant related work experience.
- Experience with, knowledge of, or strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.
We are hiring across multiple levels for this job.
The base salary range across different levels are -
• Early career – $50,000 - $80,000
• Early to mid level – $75,000 - $165,000
• Mid to Senior level – $140,000 - $210,000
• Senior to Leadership level - $200,000 - $225,000
Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role and level.
Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance.
Salary range disclosure as required by S9427A when hiring in New York.
Lab49 is a specialist strategy, design, and technology consulting company dedicated to the financial services industry. We were founded in 2002 to fill a need in the Financial Technology marketplace for high-end execution and reliable delivery of technology projects.
Our consultants are experts in strategy, user experience, architecture, engineering, and delivery management. We combine knowledge of the latest trends in technology with deep domain expertise to deliver innovative solutions with accelerated time-to-market.
We have office hubs in Midtown Manhattan, Washington DC, London, Budapest, New Delhi and Sydney.
Lab49/ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
Lab49/ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.