Java Developer, Budapest
Lab49 – Software Engineering /
Lab49 has an opportunity available for a Java Developer to lead work on complex and challenging projects to drive transformative change for our top- tier Financial Services clients. Operating in an Agile environment, the Java Developer will have strong server-side experience to work on next- generation financial systems.
- Build distributed systems that deal with actor-based concurrency, reactive programming, distributed in-memory data grids, messaging that goes beyond plain JMS as we fully expect to participate in shaping the future of financial technology stacks
- Work on server side JVM-based projects
- Hit the ground running with the typical Java or Scala JVM ecosystem stack (Spring and its subprojects, Guice, Guava, Maven, Hibernate, Jetty, etc.)
- Retool continuously as the technology landscape changes every few years
- Be able to pick up other technologies along the whole development stack, including front-end and other non-JVM ecosystems
- Work with our clients in iterative, project-based engagements, where self-organizing and focused teams move quickly to build innovative solutions for the client
- Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues
- Be passionate about delivering quality code
- Demonstrate experience writing commercial-grade software applications
- Have a deep understanding of multithreading and real-time software architectures
- Have an abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler)
- Be determined to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, as well as a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience in designing and coding complex, enterprise, commercial-grade applications in core, server-side Java, ideally Java 8+
- Experience building RESTful Web Services
- Test-driven development, which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing
- Experience with Agile software development (e.g. SCRUM or KANBAN)
- Experience in a CI/CD environment
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related work experience
- Experience with, knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products.
Lab49/ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
Lab49/ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.