Leadership Development Program, Group, Dublin
ION provides mission-critical trading and workflow automation software solutions to corporates, central banks and financial institutions. We are pioneers and visionary innovators of automation technology. Our mission is to simplify complex processes, streamline businesses and give a competitive advantage to our customers. Our products help leading organizations around the world do more, in a better and simpler way than ever before.
ION develops the technology and applications to automate corporate treasury, commodity management, fixed income and currency trading and processing:
More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions to manage their cash, commodities, trading and risks
Over 100 of the world’s leading banks use our electronic trading platforms
With over 6,500 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
ION’s success stems from a core belief in partnership with our employees and our customers. We take a long-term view in the markets where we compete and envision how, through innovations in technology and processes, we can reinvent the way business is done. ION is also the leading consolidator in our space, acquiring companies to add to our scale and product portfolio. With an ever-expanding global footprint, cutting edge products, and over 2,200 customers worldwide, ION provides an unparalleled experience for those who share our vision.
The Leadership Development Programme is tailor made for you in areas which meet your career interests and skillset- opening you up to a world of endless career possibilities.
This is a Graduate programme aimed at developing well-rounded business people who can go on to become leaders in our organisation.
The Leadership Development Programme offers graduates two options:
1) Rotational stream - Rotation 1*, Rotation 2, Rotation 3
2) Immersion stream - Deep dive
*Generally, Rotation 1 will be in Invoicing, Credit Control or Accounts Payable
The Rotational stream consists of three unique rotations, each approximately 9 months long, in various functional teams. This option is suited to graduates who don’t yet have a fixed idea of what area they want to work in and want to get exposure to a variety of functions and business units, while developing a broad skillset.
The Immersion stream is targeted at graduates who have a clearer idea of the area of the business they want to focus on and want to get started in that area right away. Of course, choosing the Immersion option does not preclude internal mobility at a later stage in your ION career.
Some possible rotations and deep dive areas are:
· Commercial - Preparation and negotiation of commercial contracts, working closely with our Legal team, and managing our pipeline reporting process
· Revenue Reporting - Providing accurate and timely revenue reports and analysis to senior stakeholders
· Invoicing - Managing customer invoicing process and query resolution
· Credit Control - Maximizing revenue collection from debtors in shortest possible lead time
· Accounts Payable - Ensuring expenditure is recorded in a prompt and accurate manner while maintaining financial process controls. Payment of supplier invoices and cash reconciliations
· Treasury - Ownership of cash management and forecasting processes. Managing lender relationships whilst minimizing the cost of debt
· Management Accounting - Producing monthly, quarterly and annual financial results
· Legal – Preparation and negotiation of customer and supplier contracts (working closely with our Commercial and Procurement teams) and working with HR on employment matters
· Lean – Business process optimization to eliminate inefficiencies and maximize quality
· Spend Optimization – Providing senior decision making support analysis and managing relationships with the groups key suppliers
· Tax- Working with all business teams to proactively manage tax risk, assist with managing tax compliance and automation/process improvements.
· Recruitment - Assist in the sourcing and hiring of graduates for our Leadership Development Program; recruiting highest quality talent to fit the business needs. Developing university relationships and assisting with multiple grad fairs throughout the year
Each team exposes you to a different functional area within one of ION’s core business units. Within each business unit, there is a core focus on defining best practice processes and managing improvement initiatives to implement these processes across all ION group entities.
You will gain invaluable business skills, develop a high-level understanding of ION's mission and are better positioned to become a future leader at ION. Throughout your rotations, you will be given immediate responsibility, exposure to senior management and the opportunity to work on a global scale. At ION, your contribution of innovative ideas is always valued and your voice is always heard.
· Communicate effectively with clients and internal teams
· Prepare internal and client facing presentations and analysis
· Take ownership of projects and manage deadlines
· Exercise attention to detail in all aspects of performance
· Multitask and think critically under pressure
· Demonstrate creativity and innovation
· Think strategically and build mental models
· Automate to simplify complex processes internally and for customers
This fast-moving and pivotal program demands dynamic and ambitious people. As a successful rotational graduate:
· You are skilled at using in-depth analysis to get to the bottom of complex issues
· You can take responsibility and ownership for your work, for which you are held accountable
· You thrive when challenged with an array of tasks and can stay focused on priorities
· You have strong problem-solving capabilities
· You have the willingness to challenge the status quo and focus on continuous improvement
· You remain focused and produce results even in high-pressure situations
· You have the desire to continuously learn and develop
· You are results oriented with the ability to focus on the details and complete day to day work to a high standard while simultaneously identifying areas for re-engineering
· Undergraduate/Postgraduate with a 1.1 or 2.1 degree
· 450+ CAO points at Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)