Senior Software Engineer, Italy
Development – Development /
Who we are
We’re visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster, and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Learn more at iongroup.com.
Role and Responsibilities
· Designing, coding, and debugging software.
· Improving the performance of existing software.
· Providing training to other engineers.
· Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
· Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
· Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
· Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
· Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
Your skills and experience
· You are comfortable with one or more of the following programming paradigms: Object-oriented programming, Concurrent programming, Functional programming, Asynchronous programming.
· You are comfortable with ATDD and TDD tools and practices.
· You are comfortable with CI tools and best practices.
· You are comfortable with Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, AWS, and IDE required to be effective in your daily job (Eclipse, Visual Studio Code).
· You are used at dealing with complexity.
· You are comfortable at understanding functional requirements and you are able to contribute to the implementation of the identified solutions aimed at resolving non-functional needs.
· You have been successfully working as a Software Engineer in demanding environments for 3+ years.
· You understand complexities and value in working in multi-functional, self-organized teams.
· You are rigorous and professional in the way you approach your daily job.
· You value the team and individuals; you are comfortable to relate to people of any seniority and role within the company.
Your academic background
· Preferred: BSc, MSc, PhD in Computer Engineering / Science acquired in top subject specific ranked universities in Engineering and Technology.
Contract and locations:
· Contract Type: Full-time, permanent contract.
· Enjoy a hybrid work culture that offers the best of remote flexibility and in-person collaboration.
Other open positions at ION as Software Engineer
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.