Principal Software Engineer, Italy
Development – Development /
Who we are
We’re visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation solutions, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, financial institutions, central banks, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. We’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster, and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work.
Learn more at iongroup.com.
Role and Responsibilities
· Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
· Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components (either UI or Server-side services or both, according to your current skills and your availability to learn new ones).
· Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing portfolio of solutions and services.
· Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions.
· Remain current on new technologies and available open source technologies; evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
· Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling, and staffing in the context of global distributed teams and product development activities.
· Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
· Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes.
· Work in close partnership with Product and Project Managers, SME, DevOps engineers, Architects.
Your skills and experience
· You are proficient at one or more of the following programming paradigms: Object-oriented programming, Concurrent programming, Functional programming, Asynchronous programming.
· You are proficient at utilizing ATDD and TDD tools and practices.
· You are proficient at utilizing CI tools and best practices.
· You are proficient at Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker, AWS, and IDE required to be effective in your daily job (Eclipse, Visual Studio Code).
· You have experience in dealing with complexity of large distributed systems.
· You have experience in deeply understanding functional requirements dealing with product owners or subject matter expert in an effective manner.
· You have experience in dealing with non-functional requirements and their impact on architectures and system design.
· You have been successfully working as a Software Engineer for 10+ years.
· You have proven experiences in working in Agile, globally distributed development organizations.
· You have proven experience in influencing / driving and coaching teammates on methodologies, practices, and technologies.
· You are rigorous and professional in the way you approach your daily job.
· You value the team and individuals; you are comfortable to relate to people of any seniority and role within the company.
Your academic background
· Preferred: PhD or an MSc in Computer Engineering / Science acquired in top subject specific ranked universities in Engineering and Technology.
This offer is for a
· Full Time contract.
· Permanent Contract
Other open positions at ION as Software Engineer
According to the Italian Law (L.68/99) please note that candidates from the disability list will be given priority.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates that meet the required criteria for selection will be contacted.
We will only consider direct applications. CVs received via recruitment agencies will not be accepted.