Covenant Analyst - 4035
ION Analytics – Analytics: Content, Research & Editorial /
The Xtract legal team delivers sophisticated legal analysis of leveraged loan and high yield bond covenants in an understandable manner. Our legal analysis allows credit investors to spot risks and make more informed investment decisions.
Initially responsible for managing a team ofanalysts dedicated to creating structured data sets to power next-generation loan and bond covenant analytics for credit investors. This includes the management, training, and oversight of a rapidly growing team of analysts and working closely with a team of engineers and data scientists to help deliver AI-powered analytics for the leveraged finance market. Over time move into role of writing new issuance reports on high yield bonds and leveraged loans, as well as special reports on special situations, distressed credits and covenant trends. Candidates should have experience in a debt capital markets or debt finance group at a major law firm and have detailed experience of high yield bond and European leveraged loan covenants.
· Directing and managing data collection efforts
· Review and analyse bond indentures and credit agreements
· Reviewing leveraged loan agreements/high yield bond offering memoranda or indentures in Xtract’s and existing Xtract Research Reports in Xtract’s current library to identify aand analyse relevant covenant data for collection and input into Xtract proprietary systems
· Liaising with Xtract’s global team members to ensure accuracy and consistency of relevant data identification and inputting into systems
· Progression in due course to reviewing and analysing new leveraged loans/high yield bonds, writing reports and commentary on them for timely delivery to Xtract clients and collecting and inputting relevant data to update Xtract’s library
Skills & Requirements:
· Proven Post-Qualification experience at a major law firm in debt capital markets or debt finance group
· Full legal qualifications (English, New York or other similar common law jurisdiction, eg Australia)
· Existing detailed knowledge of high yield bond and European leveraged loan documents and their covenants
· Ability to absorb and analyse complex detail and to give clear and concise summaries/explanations, written and oral
· Ability to manage, supervise and develop teams of people, including remotely
· First rate attention to detail and communication skills, oral and written
· Keen interest in the debt finance markets and enthusiasm to be part of a business driving radical changes
· It is anticipated that initially candidates may work from home. Over time they are likely to be part of an orderly move to safe office working at the firm’s premises in the City of London.
Nice to have:
· Previous experience of analysing, summarising and commenting on leveraged loan/high yield bond documentation and covenants will be advantageous
If you are interested in this position, please click on ‘Apply Here’. Please ensure your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.