QA Automation Test Engineer, New York
New York /
Lab49 – Software Engineering /
The QA Automation Test Engineer will play a critical role on testing applications in an automated fashion for Lab49 clients. Working in a collaborative and innovative project team, with direct client-facing interactions, you will have an opportunity to apply your skills and expertise to create automated testing capabilities for applications that solve business problems and enhance performance for the clients.
- Design and build advanced testing capabilities for applications across platforms, while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working testing software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant solutions utilizing Cucumber and other automation tools such as Perfecto, Selenium
- Work with data sources and APIs
- Assist development teams in improving testing efficiency and identifying non-compliance with requirements, including edge cases, usability and general reliability
- Work with development engineers to track down defects
- Actively contribute to improving software prior to distribution to Lab49 clients
- Advocate test-driven development and deliver high quality testing capabilities
- Proven software based automated testing experience
- Experience with Cucumber and Gherkin and XPath - testing Java apps
- Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent experience
- Experience working with data via REST and JSON
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of the general development landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
We are hiring across multiple levels for this job.
The base salary range across different levels are -
• Early career – $50,000 - $80,000
• Early to mid level – $75,000 - $165,000
• Mid to Senior level – $140,000 - $200,000
Placement within the range provided above is based on the individual’s relevant experience and skills for the role and level.We are hiring across multiple levels for this job.
Base salary is only one component of our total compensation package. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus, which is determined upon company and individual performance.
Salary range disclosure as required by S9427A when hiring in New York.
Lab49 is a specialist strategy, design, and technology consulting company dedicated to the financial services industry. We were founded in 2002 to fill a need in the Financial Technology marketplace for high-end execution and reliable delivery of technology projects.
Our consultants are experts in strategy, user experience, architecture, engineering, and delivery management. We combine knowledge of the latest trends in technology with deep domain expertise to deliver innovative solutions with accelerated time-to-market.
We have office hubs in Midtown Manhattan, Washington DC, London, Budapest, New Delhi and Sydney.
Lab49/ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
Lab49/ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.