Blackpeak - Associate (Portuguese-Speaking) - 3780
Washington DC /
Analytics – Analytics: Acuris /
We are hiring an experienced Associate for our Washington DC office. Associates primarily conduct research and analysis through desktop and database research, interviews, and traveling when necessary. Associates work within a project team to formulate the best advice for our clients, prepare written reports, and conduct client briefings.
In addition to research responsibilities, you will be expected to handle simple case management with minimal supervision and more complex research under the guidance of a more experienced analyst. You will also participate in project scoping, business development, and marketing activities. You will regularly collaborate with colleagues in Blackpeak’s offices in Asia and EMEA.
This position will expose you to a wide variety of research projects across a range of industries and jurisdictions. No two Blackpeak projects are exactly the same. Certain projects will require you to intelligently and efficiently assess the accuracy, reliability, and relevance of large amounts of data. For other projects, you will be asked to think creatively to devise a research methodology that best answers our client’s questions. Critical thinking, wide-ranging curiosity, and outstanding writing skills are fundamental to the role.
- Native or near-native Portuguese language capability. Spanish language capability considered a plus
- Regional expertise in Latin America is considered a strong plus
- Prior related experience preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and research tenacity. Must love digging deep to answer a question, solve a puzzle, or understand a thorny problem
- Discretion, good judgment, and the ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify and effectively interview sources
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Many educational backgrounds are potentially relevant, including journalism, English, international relations, history, accounting, business, and others
- Ability to help generate marketing and brand-building materials, such as marketing collateral, thought pieces, op-eds, etc.
- Willingness to take on with good humor the varied tasks required in a small, start-up office environment, including administrative support
- Familiarity with basic business concepts is helpful (e.g. balance sheets, basic accounting, the functioning of capital markets, etc.)