Senior System Network Engineer - 4232
Development – Infrastructure /
Role: Senior System Network Engineer
We’re a diverse group of visionary innovators who provide trading and workflow automation software, high-value analytics, and strategic consulting to corporations, central banks, financial institutions, and governments. More than 40% of the world’s largest companies use our solutions. Founded in 1999, we’ve achieved tremendous growth by bringing together some of the best and most successful financial technology companies in the world.
· Over 2,000 of the world’s leading corporations, including 50% of the Fortune 500 and 30% of the world’s central banks, trust ION solutions to manage their cash, in-house banking, commodity supply chain, trading and risk.
· Over 800 of the world’s leading banks and broker-dealers use our electronic trading platforms to operate the world’s financial market infrastructure.
With 10,000 employees and offices in more than 40 cities around the globe, ION is a rapidly expanding and dynamic group.
At ION, we offer careers that provide many opportunities: To invent. To design. To collaborate. To build. To transform businesses and empower people around the world to do more, faster and better than before. Imagine what you can do and experience. This is where you can do your best work. Learn more at https://iongroup.com/.
Our clients will rely on your network to help them move billions in foreign currencies every day. Work with the brightest engineers and amongst our bank, broker, and hedge fund clients. As a Senior System Network Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of a highly available low-latency infrastructure, supporting both our external clients and our internal teams.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
· 4+ years managing, maintaining, and optimizing data networks
· Designed and configured networks using Arista
· Maintained and improved large enterprise level, low-latency, 24/7 systems
· Implemented network monitoring and deployment tools
· Used Python and shell scripting to automate your work
· Likely to have CCIE level certification
Managed networks with FX related clients and venues
Managed networks with low-latency connectivity to futures venues (e.g. CME)
Implemented Configuration Management using automation tools (e.g. Ansible)
· Ability to conduct ad hoc maintenance of Linux servers