Technical Project Manager, Budapest
Lab49 – Product and Delivery /
Technical Project Managers at Lab49 will manage all aspects of delivering on an engagement with a client. Typically, it will be managing Lab49 Consultants to deliver software solutions for our Financial Services clients, however, it may also include related analysis and advisory work.
Lab49 Technical Project Managers are responsible for:
- Planning, tracking and risk management, within the context of Agile and Enterprise best practices. This includes financial management to fixed price delivery.
- People Management: project and team resourcing, promoting positive, collaborative and productive team dynamics, conflict resolution, and personnel development. Includes global management of staff.
- Client Management: manage client communication, stakeholder expectations, and generally all aspects of the relationship as it pertains to the engagement to positive outcome.
- Quality Oversight: ensuring process and controls are in place to ensure quality from requirements through delivery. Technical Project Managers need to have sufficient business and technology domain to ensure that quality is being delivered.
- Contractual management: understanding and managing to the terms of the contract.
- The engagement may require that the Technical Project Managers be hands-on. This might include reviewing UX designs, testing software, writing requirements, editing technical documents.
Additionally, Technical Project Managers are consultants advising clients and supporting business development. This aspect of the role includes:
- Delivery consulting: being at the forefront of best practices and advising our clients in their practical application and guide them through process and organization transformation.
- Strategic planning and road map development for major technology transformations.
- Business development: develop client relationships, identify opportunities with them and help shape and deliver solutions and pitches.
- Being an ambassador for the Lab49 brand.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong Project Management skills: planning, tracking, risk identification and mitigation.
- People management.
- Stakeholder management.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of the Capital Markets.
- Working knowledge of typical financial flows and architecture.
- Excellent communication skills: able to represent the team, project, and firm in client situations, and similarly also be and advocate for the client.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing the implementation of financial services systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing small teams 5 - 12 people.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT Industry.
- Software development experience a plus.
- Bachelor degree, ideally in Computing Science or related field.
- Finance education a plus.
Lab49/ION is committed to maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We respect the varied identities, abilities, cultures, and traditions of the individuals who comprise our organization and recognize the value that different backgrounds and points of view bring to our business.
Lab49/ION adheres to an equal employment opportunity policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor.