Senior Frontend Developer, Gigster
Gigster Network – Engineering /
Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects with the world’s best developers? Do you wish you could control which projects to work on and choose your own pay rate? Are you interested in the future of work and how the cloud will form teams? If so - the Gigster Talent Network is for you.
The Senior Frontend Developer position is a critical role in the teams we form for important US clients such as IBM, US Bank, Harley Davidson, Colgate, Dapper and 500 others. In this role, you will own the entire frontend experience - from technical leadership to UI/UX to integrating the latest technology with the backend components. The tech stack will vary with the projects - but range from Angular 2+, React, Vue, etc.
Gigster is looking for exceptional React Frontend Engineers who are passionate about application development and to join the Gigster Talent Network, and ship complex software products at scale for enterprise clients. You will get the opportunity to work with other Gigsters and our client(s) to build complex client-side applications that use the latest technologies. Your fellow freelance software engineers on the Talent Network range from founders and owners of their own software consultancies, to lead engineers from well-known technology companies. The most successful freelancers on the Gigster Talent Network are collaborative, flexible, reliable and client-oriented.
At Gigster, whether working with entrepreneurs to realize 'the next great vision' or with Fortune 500 companies to deliver a big product launch, we build really cool solutions that make a difference! From blockchain to AI/ML to VR and more, Gigster builds enterprise software on cutting-edge technology.
- You need to be self motivated and self managing. You’ll most likely be given broadly defined goals that’ll require you to break them down into achievable steps and tasks. No one is going to sit around and assign you user stories.
- You have to be able to unblock yourself technically if you get stuck OR be very communicative and navigate to the right people to help unblock you. If you’re scared to get on video calls this position probably isn’t for you.
- You’ll basically be given access to the git repo and patted out the door to get the local environment up and running on your own. Again, this isn’t IBM. No one is going to hold your hand like a college CS freshman, this is the big leagues. Self independence and accountability is held in very high regard.
- The pace and tempo that the team moves at is very fast and very fluid. If you work well in a very structured and vanilla environment then this project is not for you.
- We have morning standups where you’re expected to communicate what you’re doing and what your goals are. If you’d rather not do this and just submit jira tickets while hiding in the back, then this project is not for you.
- The team looks for suggestions and opinions on how to do things better. We expect you, being the rockstar that you are, to provide advice and suggestions based on your past experience. We are a flat team and everyone’s opinion matters.
- Write and maintain high-quality code that is well-tested, documented and monitored
- Identify UI problems to ensure best solutions for translating design into code
- Collaborate with remote, distributed team members, including Technical Architects, Product Managers, Designers and other Engineers, to ship large-scale projects for enterprise clients
- Communicate clearly and reliably with team members and/or client stakeholders, who could be CIOs of major enterprise companies, to ensure deliverability along the project’s technical specifications
- Take ownership of project success by providing strategic technical guidance and direction, as needed
- Work on interesting and challenging problems in the NFT space
- 5+ years of experience working in software engineering in a professional setting, preferably in frontend web development
- History of developing successful web software in production environments. Bonus if you have worked on large-scale, public or client-side applications.
- Strong experience with React
- Work with GraphQL layers
- Understanding of gRPC and/or protobuf
- Experience designing and working with event driven systems (KAFKA ex is a plus)
- Experience working w/ microservices
- Have knowledge working with docker containers
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with responsive designs
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Proven success in contributing in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
About the Gigster Talent Network & why this role is for you
- The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
- Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20, or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your own pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA, and DevOps.
- All of our projects are for top-tier US companies and are delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
- In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons, competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
- Are you talented enough to be in the club?