Gigster Network - QA Engineer
Do you care about quality? Are you the guy at work who is not afraid to ask questions starting with "What if?"?
And are you looking for a serious opportunity to take your skills to the next level? If so, then keep reading... We are convinced that the best QA engineers are smart individuals who really make sure the team is doing the right things in the right way and the results of what the team has done are what is expected. The ideal candidate will be possess driven, strong communication skills are able to understand all the technical aspects and goals of the business, as well as be able to communicate correctly with customers/managers/developers. This is a fantastic entry point into a great and fast-paced organization that enables multiple opportunities to advance and grow your career. We are an organization where you will have unlimited opportunities to grow and develop. We bring our experts together under an innovative IT strategy. Our commitment to you is to provide an engineering culture that inspires collaboration and innovation. If you are passionate about learning and growing and want to develop into a top Quality Assurance specialist, then this role is for you!
Day in the Life [What will you be doing]
Execute in-sprint testing
Participate in Smoke, Regression testing on software releases under your charge
Rise defects for unexpected behavior
What you will NOT be doing
• Getting bored with routine regressions
• Working on easy and simple tickets such as test login forms.
• Working alone and with low project interaction
• Analyzing or debugging source code.
What you will learn
• You will learn how to consistently deliver a high-quality product
• You will learn how to take your problem-solving skills to the highest while assimilating the knowledge you acquire
• You will learn how to manage and create high-quality knowledge
- Able to follow the Software Quality Control process and perform primary testing tasks without direct supervision.
- Able to read and understand project documentation, perform review and analysis of functional requirements and specifications
- Professional experience in using the following tools: Jira, testrails
- Has strong experience in test artifacts creation (test plans, checklists, test cases, test results reports, defects).
- Has a strong understanding of different testing types and levels
- Has strong knowledge about software testing techniques
- Be not only a communicative person but also be able to come to an agreement that satisfies both parties; be able to sell the idea
- Stress-resistant, able to escalate critical questions
- Experience in test metrics collection
- Experience in test automation
Nice to haves
About the Gigster Talent Network & why this role is for you
The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20 or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your own pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA and DevOps.
All of our projects are for top tier US companies and delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons and competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
Are you talented enough to be in the club?