Senior Android Developer, Gigster
Gigster Network – Engineering /
Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects with the world’s best developers? Do you wish you could control which projects to work on and choose your own pay rate? Are you interested in the future of work and how the cloud will form teams? If so - the Gigster Talent Network is for you.
The Senior Android Developer position is a critical role in the teams we form for important US clients such as IBM, US Bank, Harley Davidson, Colgate, Dapper, and 500 others. In this role, you will own the entire Android experience - from technical leadership to UI/UX to integrating the latest technology with the backend components. The tech stack will vary with the projects - but range from Objective-C or Swift, etc..
At Gigster, whether working with entrepreneurs to realize 'the next great vision' or with Fortune 500 companies to deliver a big product launch, we build really cool solutions that make a difference! From blockchain to AI/ML to VR and more, Gigster builds enterprise software on cutting-edge technology.
- Build a scalable and stable application architecture using modern patterns to deliver a first-class mobile product.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the project members and the engagement manager to design and launch new features.
- Facilitating app deployments in the Google Play Store.
- Analyze and optimize code to improve overall app performance and stability. Follow automated testing best practices.
- 8+ years of experience in software development.
- 4+ years of experience in Android development.
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives to enterprise clients and senior team members.
- Strong and up-to-date grasp of Kotlin, Java, and the Android SDK
- Strong grasp of UI design patterns and passion for delightful user experiences.
- Experience with automated testing (unit testing, integration testing, UATs).
- Have published an app in the play store, or have been a major contributor to open-source libraries related to Android.
- Experience working closely with designers and contributing to UI and UX decision making process.
- Familiarity with the MVVM or MVC architectural pattern.
- Successful history of working as part of a remote team.
- Strong verbal and written communication, a high level of integrity, and a passion for collaboration.
- Proficient in current development tools (Git, etc).
- Proven success in contributing in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
About the Gigster Talent Network & why this role is for you
- The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
- Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20, or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your own pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA, and DevOps.
- All of our projects are for top-tier US companies and are delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
- In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons, competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
- Are you talented enough to be in the club?