Gigster Network - Technical Architect (choose your own pay rate)
Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects with the world’s best developers? Do you wish you could control which projects to work on and choose your own pay rate? Are you interested in the future of work and how the cloud will form teams? If so - the Gigster Talent Network is for you.
The Technical Architect position is a critical role in the teams we form for important US clients such as IBM, US Bank, Harley Davidson, Colgate, Dapper and 500 others. You will be responsible for helping product managers and developers create beautiful projects. Most projects will require either simple wireframes, simple mockups, or full designs, with compensation depending on the complexity of the design.
- Gigster is looking for freelance solutions and systems Technical Architects to join the Gigster Talent Network. Combined with your previous experience in technical architecture, enterprise integration, and business solution implementation, you will be expected to drive the best possible business solutions that meet and exceed our customers' needs. In many situations, that would also mean providing direct technical leadership to both enterprise client stakeholders and fellow Talent Network team members.
- 8+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering distributed systems
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives to enterprise clients and senior team members
- Solid understanding of security, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design, including leveraging emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and apply architectural design patterns across a wide range of problems
- Experience with cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with Microservices (architecture is a plus)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with continuous delivery, and DevOps
- Proficient in dynamic languages (Node.js is a plus)
- Proficient in current development tools (Git, etc)
- Proven success in contributing in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
About the Gigster Talent Network & why this role is for you
The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20 or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your own pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA and DevOps.
All of our projects are for top tier US companies and delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons and competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
Are you talented enough to be in the club?