Senior Data Engineer, Gigster Network
Gigster Network – Engineering /
Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects with the world’s best developers? Do you wish you could control which projects to work on and choose your own pay rate? Are you interested in the future of work and how the cloud will form teams? If so - the Gigster Talent Network is for you.
At Gigster, whether working with entrepreneurs to realize 'the next great vision' or with Fortune 500 companies to deliver a big product launch, we build really cool solutions that make a difference! Gigster builds enterprise software on cutting-edge technology, from blockchain to AI/ML to VR and more.
We are seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer with strong experience in ETL and ML Ops in the Chicago area to join our Talent Network and help shape the future of our business through valuable contributions to our projects. The successful candidate will be passionate about data and machine learning, with a strong background in Python and experience developing and implementing machine learning models.
- Creating, designing, and deploying ETL and ELT flows for consuming from third party data sources.
- Building the tools to monitor data pipelines and performing troubleshooting and debugging.
- Collaborating with data scientists and resolving data quality and performance issues.
- Collaborating with software and data engineers.
- Collaborating with Machine Learning Engineers to deploy, monitor, and maintain Machine Learning models in a production environment.
- Leading the integration of Machine Learning models with CI/CD pipelines, ensuring consistent and seamless model versioning, testing, and roll-out.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Experience in MLOps.
- Experience analyzing large datasets and uncovering insights using tools such as Spark, Scala, or PySpark.
- Experience with modern cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
- Experience in DevOps for CI/CD, IaC (Infrastructure as Code).
- Experience with modern ETL tools such as Apache Beam, Kafka, Spark, or similar.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20, or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA, and DevOps.
All of our projects are for top-tier US companies and are delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons, competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
Are you talented enough to be in the club?