Gigster Network - Senior DevOps Engineer (choose your own pay rate)
Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects with the world’s best developers? Do you wish you could control which projects to work on and choose your own pay rate? Are you interested in the future of work and how the cloud will form teams? If so - the Gigster Talent Network is for you.
The Senior DevOps Engineer position is a critical role in the teams we form for important US clients such as IBM, US Bank, Harley Davidson, Colgate, Dapper and 500 others. In this role, you will own the entire iOS experience - from technical leadership to UI/UX to integrating the latest technology with the backend components. The tech stack will vary with the projects - but range from Objective-C or Swift etc.
- Experience building and scaling distributed applications and systems.
- Deep professional and personal project-based experience. Ideally, you have developed successful software in production environments. Bonus if you have worked on large-scale, public or client-side applications
- Thrive working collaboratively in teams. Even better, if you have worked in distributed team settings.
- You should be excited about delivering beautiful, maintainable, bug-free code to spec, and meeting or beating deadlines.
- Passion for learning new programming languages (React, Node, Go, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience working as a freelancer.
- Education from top universities in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional DevOps experience.
- Extensive knowledge of software build, test and deploy processes using Git, Jenkins, Chef, Docker/containers, Kubernetes
- Experience (5+ years) coding modern programming languages: Node, React, Java, Python, Ruby, Go,, etc.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS), GCP, Azure
- Strong communication skills, especially among audiences with differing technical backgrounds.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with responsive designs
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Proven success in contributing in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
About the Gigster Talent Network & why this role is for you
The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20 or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your own pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA and DevOps.
All of our projects are for top tier US companies and delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons and competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
Are you talented enough to be in the club?