Gigster Network - Senior Backend Developer (choose your own pay rate)
Do you want to work on cutting-edge projects with the world’s best developers? Do you wish you could control which projects to work on and choose your own pay rate? Are you interested in the future of work and how the cloud will form teams? If so - the Gigster Talent Network is for you.
The Senior Backend Developer position is a critical role in the teams we form for important US clients such as IBM, US Bank, Harley Davidson, Colgate, Dapper and 500 others. In this role, you will own the backend engineering on different projects we have with our customers, you will create optimal code using the most advanced frameworks and technologies. You will be expected to make the best use of the latest AWS, GSP services and patterns.
- Contribute to and continually improve our site architecture, feature components, development process, and SDLC tools, and system design.
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code.
- Research new technologies or methodologies that can improve the architecture, user experience, or development process.
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback while sharing your knowledge with other members of the team.
- Implement ongoing security systems.
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization.
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage.
- Keep a backup library before any large changes to server.
- Collaborate with the rest of the project members and the engagement manager to design and launch new features.
- 8+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in Backend developement.
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives to enterprise clients and senior team members.
- Large capacity for attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Capable of prioritizing multiple project in order to meet goals without management oversight.
- Understanding of accessibility and server compliance.
- Strong grasp of UI design patterns and passion for delightful user experiences.
- Experience with automated testing (unit testing, integration testing, UATs).
- Successful history of working as part of a remote team.
- Strong verbal and written communication, a high level of integrity, and a passion for collaboration.
- Proficient in current development tools (Git, etc).
- Proven success in contributing in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
About the Gigster Talent Network & why this role is for you
The Gigster Talent Network is a highly curated set of the best software developers in the world. It’s not easy to become part of this select network - but when you do - you will work amongst the best from Silicon Valley and around the world.
Our model is unique in the software development industry. We do the hard work of finding the US clients and scoping their projects - and you get to choose from a large variety of ‘Gigs’. You can choose Gigs that fit your schedule - from 10, 20 or 40 hours a week. You also get to choose your own pay rate. All projects are staffed with a project manager, full stack team, QA and DevOps.
All of our projects are for top tier US companies and delivered with the highest quality. Projects range from developing NFT marketplaces to VR imaging for medical use to large AI/ML projects. We even produce a case study for every project delivered - so you can take that with you as part of your portfolio.
In parallel - you will have access to an exclusive and energized network of the world’s most skilled experts. Community members collaborate inside and outside of Gigs - as well as at local community events, online hackathons and competitions, etc. The Gigster Talent Network is more than a simple marketplace - it’s truly an exclusive club.
Are you talented enough to be in the club?