Solutions Engineer (Remote) - $160,000/year USD
Gigster HQ /
Are you looking to work with the best and brightest minds from all over the world to build software that you’re actually excited to be building?
At Gigster, whether working with entrepreneurs to realize 'the next great vision' or Fortune 500 companies to deliver a big product launch, we build really cool solutions that make a difference!
As a Solutions Engineer at Gigster, you will define and propose software solutions for customers across a variety of technologies and industries. You'll join a core team of high energy individuals focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers, and your proposals will be implemented by the Gigster Network of talented industry product experts, designers, developers, and data scientists who will come together to quite literally build the future of software.
Our sales team is a place where self-starters that possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation, and intense enthusiasm for continuous personal and team growth have opportunities to thrive and advance. Join us!
About the Job
Most of your day will be spent developing a deep understanding of client/prospect business and technical needs and assessing how Gigster's technology offerings can help fulfill them, while taking into account constraints such as scope, timing, and budget expectations.
Related activities include client and prospect calls and meetings as well as technical due diligence including research and consultation with experts from the Gigster Talent Network for specific industry and domain insights. You will document your proposed solutions through assets such as project and resource plans, architectural designs, and ultimately through proposals and statements of work which you will present in a compelling way, leading to closed deals.
In addition, you will engage in training and development activities, including coaching, training, and self development, both as a participant as well as a subject matter expert within the company.
- Qualify opportunities to ensure proper technical fit for the Gigster Network resources, services, and products
- Work with customers to discover and gather technical and business requirements
- Assist customers with project plan, direction, and evaluation with the inclusion of costs, requirements, and timeline
- Create proposals and work with our product and fulfillment teams to ensure client projects are set up for success
- Work with Gigster's global Network to get industry or technical knowledge to fill solution or technical gaps
- Delivering compelling company introductions and value propositions
- Responding to customer communications in a timely fashion
- Updating Salesforce after every meaningful customer interaction
What You'll Learn
- You will learn to identify what the customer is trying to solve and then articulate how Gigster's services and products are able to solve it
- You will learn how to translate a customer's product vision into a development roadmap that meets schedule and budget constraints
- You will learn how to consistently deliver high quality proposals and customer calls
- You will learn how to utilize a global Network of talent to get creative answers to new problems
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of previous solutions engineering experience
- Ability to speak with executives and uncover their business goals and match those to Gigster's value
- Ability to define software system and application architectures using modern technologies
- Command of the full lifecycle of development from ideation through operations and maintenance
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- A self-motivated individual with attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time for visits to customer sites
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as AI/Machine Learning, VR/AR, mobile, IoT, RPA, Blockchain, etc.
- Certification for cloud system DevOps or architecture (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Familiarity with architecture frameworks like Zachman, TOGAF, or RM-ODP
Gigster is powering the world’s engineering. We provide companies of all sizes with on-demand access to experts in new technology software development. Custom software is becoming essential for every business with global IT spend, yet very few have easy access to high quality, managed talent when they need it. And as AI continues to change businesses, we’re helping companies through digital transformation, shaping the world of the future.
We are changing the way software is built by empowering independent experts with smarter tools. Gigster takes pride in having an extraordinary global network of developers, designers, and project managers. Increasing levels of standardization in tooling and access to better data about the development process make the creation of custom software ripe for automation and scale, and Gigster will continue to deliver on that need in the marketplace.