(Senior) Data-Driven Equity Research Analyst (m/f/d) @ BIT Capital
BIT Capital – Research /
BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the Internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading Internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy. Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of 10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking.
We are looking for a (Senior) Data-Driven Equity Research Analyst (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
You will be conducting data-driven equity research of technology companies worldwide, and help us deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors. For this, you will need to complement a deep understanding of technology business models with strong modeling and data analysis skills.
You will assume ownership of the entire process: from identification and evaluation of innovative alternative datasets, to the construction of company- and industry-specific fundamental models to forecast KPIs from contextualized data, to the production of data-driven actionable research for the companies under coverage. Your research will directly influence portfolio management decisions at the funds.
- You conduct data-driven fundamental research in technology companies and verticals worldwide
- You construct fundamental models to forecast company KPIs from alternative and traditional datasets
- You proactively seek, identify and evaluate the best datasets to generate alpha in the companies under coverage, be they commercial or internally harvested
- You handle our relationship with existing and potential data vendors and service providers
- You remain up-to-date with the latest developments in the world of alternative data for investing, cultivating relationships with key people, tracking the main publications, attending relevant conferences, etc.
- You support initiatives to further improve research and portfolio management capabilities at BIT Capital, by e.g.: contributing to our fundamental quantitative models and supporting the development of proprietary tools
- Strong academic track record in any field - a graduate degree and/or the CFA would be a plus
- Experience researching equities and building financial models
- Previous experience deriving investment insights from alternative data sources is strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative aptitudes, and familiarity with statistical and time-series analysis techniques
- Experience using Python and SQL for data analysis
- Know-how of the alternative data industry, including data categories and vendors is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German or other languages are a plus but not required)
- You are passionate about stocks and business strategy
- You love numbers, data and models
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors
- You can relate to the BIT Capital Vision
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV, a motivation letter, and a write-up with an actionable investment idea in a company in the technology sector. You can produce the write-up as part of this application or refer us to a previously published investment write-up (under your previous employer or in investor networks s.a. SeekingAlpha or SumZero). We look forward to meeting you!